Chapter 7

The next few days have been preparing for Dennis's birthday party. Dracula has been more distracted with the hotel and arrangements of the party. Dennis was excited since his birthday was so close. I paced my bedroom and chewed on my bottom lip. I picked up my necklace and placed it into a blue box with a silver bow. I set it on the top of my dresser and looked at the box for a few minutes before I turned towards the window. 'Maybe I should see if anyone would need help with planning?' I nodded briefly to myself before I walked out of my room. I closed the hotel door softly behind me. I pressed my lips into a thin line as I got lost deep thought until someone bumped into me. I turned sharply to see Jonathan carrying party decorations.

"Sorry!" Jonathan called, out.

I used my powers to lift the boxes from his arms. He blinked and looked at me.

"Do you need some help?" I asked.

"Sure. If you don't mind," Jonathan replied.

We took the decorations to the place where they wanted to have the party. I turned into my bat form and flew up towards roof when I heard Mavis and Dracula. I landed quietly on the window ledge out of view of them both.

"Dad please" Mavis begged. "I don't like her being around Dennis."

"Honey please..." Dracula grumbled, slightly annoyed.

"No dad. She is a bad influence on him! Look at the way she dresses! Is she even a vampire?" Mavis snapped, back at him. "I don't want her around Dennis anymore..."

My ears flattened against my head as I listened. I didn't want to hear anymore so I flew away quickly before I could get caught listening. I landed on the roof and looked towards the clouds. I had two more days at the hotel before I returned to my home country. I blinked the tears away and sucked in a breath then released it. I flew down to my room and pushed opened the balcony doors. I used my powers as I stormed around the room packing. I hadn't noticed that my eyes changed from blue to a red-ish-gold colour. My mind was jumbled with rage with a bit of pain. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach as I thought about Dracula. The butterflies were gone as the pain sank in. I turned and spotted the box with my pendent in it. I walked over to the dresser slowly like the box was going to jump at me. I picked it up carefully into my hands 'What am I going to do...?' My chest tightened as I stared blankly at the box. 'I will leave as soon as Dennis opens my gift.' I nodded briefly to myself at the plan I have created. I unpacked a few items but the rest of my bags have been packed and tucked away from view of anyone who would come in. I turned on my heel and placed the box into my nightstand. I closed the drawer firmly and turned on my heel. I went towards the balcony to go on a quick flight alone.

Birthday party:

I changed after my shower

I changed after my shower. I styled my hair into waves and tucked them behind my ear as I added my jewelry. I fixed myself up and checked myself over in the mirror quickly before I started for the bedroom. I grabbed my present from the drawer. I turned towards the doors of the balcony and went down to the party. I placed my present with the others and grabbed a drink from a zombie. In the glass was blood with a floating eyeball. I sipped the blood and watched the Kakie dance around the stage. I watched in horror as the cute innocent Kakie turned into a scary horrible monster which scared Dennis. After that event everyone was arguing. I could hear movement in the woods. My head snapped in the direction of it before I dropped my glass and turned into my bat form. I quickly flew off. I found Dennis and wolf pup Winnie captured by Bela. I quickly hit Bela in the stomach. He dropped the kids and I quickly caught them. I set them on the ground before I turned to face Bela.

"You leave them alone! It is me you want to mess with," I growled.

Bela chuckled darkly and glared at me. He went at me and I quickly lead him away from the kids. We fought. Bela sliced my stomach opened and it bleed heavily. After taking down Bela I returned to Dennis and Winnie who was with the others. Dennis had turned into a bat. He fanged. I took note of the Bela's gang members were laying unconscious on the ground. I turned into my human form and doubled over in pain. Mavis's eyes widened.

"Dad.." Mavis muttered.

I started to fall until Dracula caught me. He looked at me. He then looked at the wounds. He was clearly confused as the wounds quickly healed but I was still kinda weak. I slowly stood up. My dress ruined. We went back to the hotel until Dracula stopped me.

"What are you?" Dracula asked, softly.

"I'm.. I'm a hybrid. Not human of course.. Werewolf and vampire," I explained. "That's how I can heal so quickly..."

Dracula stayed quiet as I told him. I looked down at my shoes before I looked up at him.

"I understand if you-if you don't want to be with me," I muttered.

"Ally..." Dracula muttered. "You're my zing. I will love you no matter what."

He tilted my head up to look at him. We searched each other's eyes before we leaned close for a kiss when Dennis broke us apart. I laughed as he smiles cheekily. I planted a kiss on his cheek. Dennis blushed brightly. While everyone went to dance I quickly went upstairs to change out of the ruin dress. I turned downstairs before I knew it Dracula swept me into a dance. We both floated a few feet off the ground as we danced. I giggled softly as Dracula held me close to him.

( song I had in mind now

)

"Now where were we?" Dracula asked, as he tipped me backwards.

I giggled softly and smiled up at him.

"Here," I replied, planting a kiss on his lips.

He kissed back. We kissed for a little while before the kids yelled 'ew' in union. I pulled back slightly and laughed. We landed and watched together as Dennis went to blow out his candles before an Elderly Gremlin ate then announced she didn't do it. I rolled my eyes and with a flick of my wrist a new cake was being made.

"Well we wait! Why don't you open some presents?" I offered, Dennis.

Mavis quickly nodded in agreement. Mavis placed presents in front of him as he floated next to the table. He unwrapped the bigger gifts first then slowly got to mine.

"This one is from-" Mavis began.

"Me," I called.

Mavis set the gift onto the table and slowly Dennis opened the small box. His eyes widened. Slowly he pulled out a glowing red pedant. Dennis looked at me.

"I love it!" Dennis announced.

He flew at me and wrapped me into a big bear hung. I laughed and hugged him back. He pulled back and asked if I could help him put it on. I agreed and helped him put it on. Once it was around his neck he went to show his mom and dad the beautiful necklace. Dracula smiles down at me and I smiled back at him.