Chapter 6: Never Felt So Small

"Hey Otis, what are you doing," Olympia asked casually as she sauntered over to her partner's desk. 

She had decided to try to wipe the image of yesterday out of her mind. 

"Just eating this potato," he shared, holding up a good sized spud. 

"Raw," asked Olympia a bit surprised, although after learning he only ate the bun to a burger it shouldn't have been that big of a shock. 

"Yeah," he replied simply, taking a nice bite out of the vegetable. 

Just then though his eyes widened as he started growing taller. 

"What's happening," he yelled as his head was soon almost reaching the second floor of the squad where Ms. O's office was. 

Thankfully his clothes had grown with him, despite being a bit tight. 

"I'll go get help! Everything's going to be okay," shouted Olympia before racing off, although even she wasn't sure if things would be fine. 

Soon she had gotten a hold of Ms. O, and they were informed that he must have eaten a growing potato. 

"Otto did this once before, except he ate Olaf's magic, shrinking potato," explained Ms. O, her eyebrows scrunched together in sympathy. 

"How do we fix this," wondered Otis, his voice ringing through headquarters causing the floors to shake. 

"Whoa," shouted Olympia as she regained her balance after the incident. 

"How do we fix this," Otis whispered, his voice still carrying far, but not moving the building. 

"Don't worry. I'll get Agent Oren and Olaf on the case," Ms. O assured them. 

"I thought Olaf was a werewolf," pointed out Otis, still taking extra precaution on how loud he spoke. 

"He is, but he's still a valuable member to the squad," Ms. O answered. 

Ms. O turned to leave, but before she had taken more than three paces she addressed Olympia, "Oh, Olympia, can you contact Oscar? He has a model bigger than headquarters that might make Otis more comfortable... If this takes longer than expected." 

Otis tried to ignore the fact that it sounded as though he might be large for a long time. 

"On it, Ms. O," Olympia proudly told her, running off to send for help. 

Otis sighed extra softly before Oaklee arrived, skidding to a stop in front of him. 

"Whoa! What happened," she asked, unable to help but still admire Otis's eyes that could now literally be an ocean of blue, or a nice sized pond at the very least. 

"I ate a magic potato, and now I'm stuck like this until Oren and Olaf can get an antidote," he explained. 

"I want to go help them," she triumphantly offered. 

"Why," asked Otis, confusion laced in his voice. 

"Because I've messed up in some way on everything so far, but I want the chance to help my new best friend," she confided, her cheeks blazing after saying that. 

"Thanks, Oaklee," Otis half-smiled. 

Oaklee barely returned the gesture before she ran off in the search of Olaf and Oren. 

"Hey! I'm the top Ms. O, and I would like to accompany you on your mission today," she greeted the two agents outside a potato land door. 

She attempted to stay professional as she was a bit out of breath and tired from running.