Chapter 4: Macy Marshmallow?

The next day Olympia was absent again, which worried Otis a bit, since she pretty much never missed a single day of work. He was lost in deep thought with his eyebrows scrunched together as he stared blankly at his computer's screen. 

"Good morning, Otis," greeted Oaklee as she bounded up his desk. 

She had a subtle smile across her face, yet it was just as bright as the sun. Otis was mentally thinking how only Olympia's smile was brighter than the sun, as he shook his head from being slightly startled by Oaklee's sudden presence. 

"Oh hey," he stammered out the best he could. 

He was already mentally yelling at himself when he felt the heat rush to his cheeks. 

"So, what's the plan for today," asked Oaklee, swaying from side to side a little with her jacket draped over her folded arms. 

She suddenly registered how Otis's presence could make her feel shy and nervous. 

"I thought you should go with someone that would be easy to get along with, so I chose Octavia and her partner," he informed her. 

"Alright. Where are they," questioned Oaklee, already anxiously searching the room for the duo. 

"Right there," pointed out Otis, but Oaklee was instantly confused when all she saw was one girl with pigtails talking to... no one? 

"Her partner's invisible," Otis responded curtly to her puzzled expression. 

"Oh yeah... I forgot there were invisible agents on the squad...," Oaklee trailed off, still stuck in her jumbled string of thoughts. 

Otis couldn't help but look up a bit concerned at her, not blind to how uncomfortable she felt about this entire plan. 

"Hey, you've got this. I believe in you," he assured her, a tiny smile breaking through her lips. 

"Thanks, Otis. I'll see you," she told him before slowly walking over to the visible half of the pair. 

"Hi, I'm the top Ms. O," greeted Oaklee. 

Octavia jumped at her sudden presence, the stack of papers she held scattering everywhere, although a few of them began floating back up, since her partner was already picking them up. 

"Am I in trouble," questioned Octavia with widened, scared eyes, her hands still held up. 

"No, Otis sent me. He told you, right," double checked Oaklee, since she wasn't so sure. 

"Oh...," breathed Octavia as she closed her eyes for a moment in relief and finally relaxed her arms. 

"You're Oaklee then. I'm just so used to anyone called Ms. O anything yelling at me, or even the Big O, but let's not talk about that," Octavia said in a bit of a rush. 

"I'm Octoovia. I mean, Octavia. Bleh," she corrected as she stuck her tongue out for a moment. 

She held out her hand for Oaklee to shake and after they did that, Oaklee realized that Octavia's partner had already organized the pieces of files. 

"Thanks, partner," Octavia spoke to them. 

"Oh, this is my partner, Oz. He turned invisible by accident once when he used a gadget by accident on himself," Octavia shared. 

"And there's no cure," Oaklee wondered sadly. 

"No, but it's okay. Now he's one of the best agents on the squad. Ms. O even said it once," Octavia shared.