Chapter Four

Ginny's head rest against Harry's shoulder as she watched his chest rise and fall with each breath. It was something she did from time to time. Something she had to do. Just in case.

"Gin," Harry mumbled, obviously half asleep. "We should move to the bed."

"Yeah, we should. We're both going to be miserable tomorrow if we sleep on the sofa," but neither of them made an attempt to move. They were tired, and Ginny wasn't feeling 100% herself. Maybe it was hiding the fact that she thought she was pregnant, or maybe it was the fact that she was mostly likely pregnant. Either way, Ginny was not in the mood.

It had been three days since Ginny had made the discovery, and she had still yet to tell Harry. She didn't plan to tell Harry until she worked up enough courage to go to the drug store and buy a test.

"What're you thinking about?" Harry asked, stroking Ginny's hair with the hand that was wrapped around her small, muscular figure in a protective pose.

"I don't know. Just thinking. About everything," Ginny fibbed. It wasn't a complete lie, but it wasn't the full truth either.

"What about you?"

"I don't know. Everything. Mostly, I'm thinking about how much I love you," Harry said.

"Harry James Potter, that has to be one of the corniest things you've said today," Ginny rolled her eyes at him, but the idea of a smile taunted her lips.

"Today, huh?"

"Maybe this entire week. You make a lot of corny comments, you know," she teased.

"Well I happen to have a wife that pretends to hate, but secretly loves, my corny remarks, so I am going to continue making them," Harry grinning, ruffling Ginny's hair.

They sat in silence for several minutes, thoughts consuming their minds again.

"I love you Ginny," Harry whispered.

"I love you too Harry."

/* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /* /*

"What's up with you? You've been so quiet today, which is totally unlike you," Hermione asked, nudging Ginny lightly on the shoulder. They sat in café down the street from Hermione and Ron's flat, sipping tea and snacking on blueberry scones like they did every Saturday morning.

"Nothing, I just was thinking. Would you do me a favor?" Ginny asked.

"Anything. Within reason, of course," Hermione grinned, but her expression became serious when she saw the look on her best friend's face.

"I need you to go to the drug store with me," Ginny mumbled.

"Why do we need to go the drug store- wait. Oh Merlin, Ginny. Are you serious?" Hermione squealed.

"I think so, but don't get your hopes up yet, okay. I'm trying to keep mine down before I get too excited, okay?" But she couldn't contain the smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"Have you told Harry yet?" Hermione asked, taking a sip of her tea and making a face as it burned her tongue and throat.

"No, like I said, I didn't want to get his hopes up. He would be over the moon," replied Ginny, tearing a piece off of her scone and popping it in her mouth.

"Aren't you?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know. I suppose so," Ginny paused. "Okay, I wasn't planning on having kids this young. I still want to play for the Harpies a while longer, and I don't know what a pregnancy would do to my career. And what if something goes wrong? What happens if this tears Harry and I apart?" Ginny cried.