Enjoying the End of My Holiday with a Bang

Since Halloween Laura has come over to my house a few times and I'm yet to understand how a friend zoning works, we still talk and laugh the same as before, it's just there's hugs and kisses involved too. It's not exactly rocket science.

It was the last day of the holiday and we had our first science exam coming up on Friday so Laura had come over to help me study, I still don't get how she could understand it, we spent a year not listening in lessons and making amazing artwork in eachother's books, or penises, it depends on your point of view.

We were on my bed with me sat upright with the book in front of me and she lay on her front facing me and the book, occasionally she would look up at me and bite her pencil but then resume to drawing flowers all over my revision notes.

"This is just getting annoying none of it's going in." Soon I started to find it annoying that I didn't get it. At first she said nothing, she only looked up at me again to raise an eyebrow.

"It will soon, we just need to find out how you revise best." She continued to tease me by biting the on the pencil. "I'm sure you of all people can figure something out."

"Maybe, but it'll take someone as smart as you to figure things out." She smiled at the complement and crawled over my book to lay a short, sweet kiss. She stayed outstretched over my notes as I lifted my hands to her waste. "I'm starting to doubt this is the way I learn best." Regardless we kiss anyway, letting ourselves relax-

"Hey, don't worry it's just me, your dad let me in and said to head straight up." Crap, it was Jen. My dads must have invited her and her mum's over for bonfire night. Me and Laura quickly tried to leap into our previous positions ready to carry on studying. "Erm, is something going on in here?" Me and Laura exchange looks knowing that it would be harder to explain everything.

"No, we're just studying." I said knowing she'd not buy it.

"Ha! Ian Manly studying for an exam? Which subject?" There was a so much relief at that point.

"To be fair, he's made some progress. He knows exactly what he's doing and where he wants to be at but it's just a struggle so far." Laura then turned to me to raise an eyebrow, it was then when I realised she wasn't talking about the revision.

"Well I guess I'd better leave you to it." Then, at last, she left. Laura picked up the text book and put it on the floor with my notes while I laid down a little. She came and lie next to me so she could rest her head on my shoulder. We both stayed there for what felt like a life time just with our eyes closed to the world.

"So at which point can we tell someone about us?" I asked followed by a deep sigh.

"I don't know, when we get caught?"

"Maybe, but we are pretty good at acting natural." We both share a brief laugh.

"So when are your dads going set off the fireworks?" I look outside and the sun has started to go down.

"After they've finished arguing that it's still to early, so about an hour." We carried on laying there for a while, troubled about how people would react to us.

An hour has passed and like I guessed we were finally called downstairs to socialise with everyone. We quickly moved into the garden taking a couple of blankets with us. Typically Laura cuddled up to me and we just enjoyed the show, no worries. No problems at all.