September Blues

It's been a week since what happened on the beach and we're about to start our first day of school. I haven't really talked to Jen much since Thursday and even then it was just her in a dream like state. 'Georgie this' and 'Georgie that', it nearly drove me insane!

When I normally get to school I would talk to Jen then have to endure a tutor period of listening to Harry's problems, which in fact, are somewhat limitless.

I waited by my locker for Jen, usually we'd talk until the first bell rings. We'd talk about anything, it didn't really matter in our society what gender you were, boys and girls would mingle freely anyway. The reason why it kind of works better is that guys can find they have a lot more in common and bond a lot quicker. Unfortunately for me, this isn't a good thing.

My dads think when they make children they put in an unnatural hormone balance, enough of one to get through puberty normally and enough of the opposing hormone to cause homosexuality. When I was made there was no balance, only testosterone which is why I grew so much bulkier than most other guys. Once again this isn't in my favour as I'm more desirable for my stronger figure. As much as I love home, and I know the borders are patrolled, I'm leaving for England when I'm grown up.

I started to wonder where Jen was, she's usually here before me and it's getting close the bell. But I stood there and waited. And waited. And waited.

Soon the bell rang and I was forced to go listen to Harry's problems for the next fifteen minutes, I think I'd rather get with a guy than put up with him for another year.

After the first two lessons of the day, it was time for break and a chance for me to catch up with Jen. But still she was nowhere to be seen. I asked around for a while until I found out, nor was I happy with the answer...

Harry had decided to shadow me for the rest of the year and insert his opinions where he saw fit so it was going to be difficult getting a chance to talk to Jen. When we found her out by the fence of the school yard she was of course with the sporty people that generally hung around here. We continued to approach until I stopped and saw her.

Just as Jen had come into view so had the person with her arms wrapped around her, Georgina. The two of them were entwined around each other, looking into each other's eyes. They were surrounded by familiar faces that at the same time were discouraging and intimidating. We didn't belong here. We never will.