Prologue

Hey, my name is Ian Manly, you'd probably think I'm normal but at my school I'm quite the opposite. No one knows why but everyone at my school is gay. All of the girls, boys and even the teachers. Except me. Ever since I was young my dads thought I was different, I was naturally interested in the functioning of cars and not how my hair looked. At school boys and girls mingle together freely even though you'd expect us to like each other but really it just functions, to an extent.

Out of my friends there is only Harry that I've been able to come out to. At first it was kinda awkward because of the rumours of him liking me quite obsesively and it was just too much to bear, I had to let him down at some point. At first it was strange to him, at our school this sort of thing had never been heard of before, nor in our community.

Just to clear things up, back in 2017 the whole gay community of Britain migrated to Jersey, a small island off the coast of France, we have lived here peacefully for over two hundred and fifty years. At the centre of the island is a huge scientific research lab and that's where all of the children come from. But this is no adventure story, this is about my struggle to get the girls of my dreams.

Her name is Jennifer Rison, or just Jen for short. We've known eachother since we were very young and been fairly close friends throughout that too. We lived only live across the road from eachother on Harris street (all the new roads built were named after famous homosexuals, our's been Neil Patrick Harris of course). As we grew up into our teens, our bodies might have changed but our friendship stuck, unfortunately that's how I started to realise I was different.

Around the age of fourteen was when I'd started to mature a little and be ready to go into relationships, but no guy on the entire island seemed right for me, only her. In the summer we usually spend a lot of time on the beach and I think it was then when I realised I was straight. Just the way she looked in her swimming costume; her perfect curves; the sun glistenning through her golden hair; her smile, that no matter how heartbroken I felt, I was compelled to smile back from deep within; and finally her elegance as she walked always grabbed the attention of me and any girls nearby.

So there's my problem, because she can't ever be interested in me, because no girl on this island has ever liked guys.