ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ

Start from the beginning

"I love you," grinned Asher. Suddenly, a serious express took over. "No more jokes."

"Fine," she huffed before slumping, "so what's the gossip."

"Not gossip, babe, the people that get them. The paparazzi."

"What about them," she asked, twirling her hair around her fingers like a typical high school flirt.

He grabbed her wrist again, "stop," he commanded, staring at her pointedly like a teacher to a disobedient student. "Anyway, the paps. So far they have only seen you once, you were lucky enough they don't loiter outside the front yard anymore. When they see you with me again - which they will - guess who's coming back. And tell me, Brooklyn, who is gonna be there to shove microphones and recorders out of your face."

"Myself," she scoffed, not believing that Asher thinks she was chickening out over small, dingy devices. What's a few electrical objects got to do.

Elaborating, he said, "And the people holding them? They are going to charge at you like bulls in the arena."

"They're human. I can deal with them, just like how I'm dealing with you. No challenge and as easy as counting one two fucking three."

"So I'm easy now, huh?" Lightly, he skimmed her arm, feathering touches. "You know what's not easy, babe?"

"What," shivered Brooklyn when he reached higher, close to her breast. Her nipples stood to attention at his close proximity.

"You trying not to scream my name when I pound your pussy," he stated in a matter-of-fact tone, saying words in her ear. "When I fuck you and rub your clit at the same time, can you stop your moans for me, baby?" He sweep her hair to a side and sucked a sensitive spot behind her ear. She was so caught up in the moment it was too much to answer herself, so he did it, "you can't? That's okay because I love listening to it. I also love it when you clench around my cock. That is the best feeling, ever," he bit into her skin, leaving a mark before soothing it with his tongue.

She arched into him, using him for support when she leaned into his defined built.

"Wanna know what else is not easy, baby? Restraining myself, because in front of me I have a very delectable female body that would be a feast to devour - all mine, by the way - and getting cold too," she shivered on accord, "but she hasn't been good to me lately, and she need to be punished."

All his hands left her, and she found herself whimpering from lost of body contact. Tipping the corner of his mouth in an arrogant smirk, he went back to his side of the island, completely acting like nothing happened.

Clenching her fist while trying to give reasons to herself for not punching him, she glared at him instead. "I hate you."

Asher merely shrugged, simply being nonchalant. He'll see if she means any of that later tonight. "Bodyguard, babe. I'm not letting you go so easily, but I'll give you creds for trying," he chuckled, eyes crinkled at the corner.

"Asher, you think being a tease will get you anywhere? Think again," she spat, absolutely disgusted that he played it all of like it was nothing. She refused to allow herself to be played like dolls!

He brushed off another comment. "Seriously though, doesn't the paps thing convince you enough?"

"It doesn't matter. The point is looking at your face already gives an immediate 'no', screw the paparazzi, Ash, and screw you."

"No, then. I didn't want it to lead to this but you leave me no choice," sighing, he intertwined his fingers. "Okay, you remember last night when your mom told us about the picked window," Brooklyn managed a stiff nod, "well, I checked it out this morning myself."

"And?"

"And nothing," he said, "I also checked the security footage located inside the house to try to identify the person. Guess what," he stared her in the eye, wanting her to know how serious the situation was, "it was wiped, clean. Someone hacked into my system."

Sputtering, she choked a disgruntled, "what?"

"And that person's good too. None of my firewalls reacted so it went by without trouble," gravely, he told her. "Someone broke in, babe, and they aren't a bunch of rookies like you."

She tried not to take his insult to her heart. "Was anything taken?"

"Some of my files, but don't worry about that, I backed it up on my laptop. I don't think they got anything important, as far as I know of, but I'll have to check again."

"What are you gonna do?" she whispered, clutching her semi shaking hands to her chest.

"Well, my first order is to keep you safe, obviously, and what better way than with a bodyguard, right?" he quirked a smile which she didn't return. After this news, she didn't feel so inclined to object anymore. She might just need the protection.

Nodding, "right," she said.

"Knew you would see it my way," he made and attempt at a cocky joke, where, once again, she didn't share his view. "You wanna come with me to the office tomorrow? I'll schedule a meeting with the security company and you can help me pick your guy."

"Aren't you afraid that I'll just choose the guy that catches my eye the most?" she asked, biting her lip.

His eyes flared. "You will do no such thing, Brooklyn," he gritted, "we will go though their set of skills and test their reaction towards danger, find out how efficient they are at their job and the best one will be your guy."

"And if the best so happened to be the hottest too?"

"Then we choose another."

Rolling her eyes dramatically, "what happened to wanting to best."

"That shit can go to hell. Anyone that you find attractive is a straight 'no', do you hear me? And it goes both ways," he said possessively, glaring down at her to drill it in that pretty head of hers.

"I'm gorgeous, Ash," she flaunted, "everyone thinks I'm hot."

"I don't care. If they so much as look the you the wrong way, they're out. I don't fucking care how qualified they are, they can kiss the job goodbye."

"My bodyguard might just end up being an old grandpa."

"Then so be it."

____________________

In all curiosity, how does the chapter number look in your 'table of contents' bar?

1. It's very tiny but is all align

2. It changes from big to small and looks like total shit

*chapter dedicated to @kimsohyun119 for being an awesome reader and for the everlasting support.