ᶰᶤᶰᵉ

Asher Woods knocked on the door to Brooklyn Reid's room in a form of a kind gesture. "Ms Reid, may I come in?"

She rolled her eyes, not quite registering that the CEO was knocking on her door. "You're asking me? What's wrong with you, it's your building."

He grinned. "I thought it'd be nice if we had at least one person with manners around here," he joked.

"To what to I owe the pleasure, Sir? Came to rub it in my face how you won the argument?"

"You belittle me," he said. "Actually, I'm here to talk about the compensation."

Who would ever forget about that. Especially not Brooklyn. Not after the way Mr Woods undressed her with his eyes with each word her uttered.

"Negotiating for more?"

"No, Ms Reid. In fact, I'm quite confident you will give me everything you have to offer and more," he said with arrogance. "I came to tell you that you have a date this Saturday."

"You're setting me up on a blind date?" she gasped dramatically, "I can't believe you. Okay fine, I'll do it, but I swear to God if he's not smoking hot I will turn your dreams into your worst nightmare."

"You crack me up, Ms Reid," he chuckled, "I can assure you that you will not be disappointed."

"How can you be so certain."

"Simple." Mr Woods slowly walked towards her desk, and he rounded behind her. He ran his hands down her arms, sending delicious shivers down her body.

Brooklyn suddenly found it very hard to breathe. His close proximity was doing things to her body and an unwanted pool of liquid arousal gathered in her nether regions.

"All I have to do is check," his hands dipped between her thighs and slipped inside her. "Definitely won't be disappointed," he whispered huskily.

●●●

Before working in Woods Inc., Brooklyn never had the liberty to choose what she wanted to wear to a date. That was because she doesn't have the choices of clothing she now does. As much as she hated Mr Woods for buying all these clothes for her, at least she didn't have to wear the same thing to every date anymore.

But now, with a overflowing wardrobe, she faced with more pressing matters. With that many clothes, she was spoiled for choice. She now understands the struggle people in movies and fiction faced when they have a date.

There were so many pants and skirts she could pair that top with, and that black wedges would go so well with that red mid-thigh dress but so would those red heels. Should she wear studded earrings or hoop.

But all that talk aside, those girls would have a friend that would help them with their outfit, be it directly choosing it for them or just giving opinions. Brooklyn doesn't.

She once had. Her name was Jessica and they spent most of Brooklyn's brief high school life together. After Brooklyn dropped out of school, they never kept in contact. Brooklyn doesn't blame Jessica for their fall out, as she was so much above her standard. The both of them might as well be polar opposites.

Jessica was financially stable. Brooklyn was poor. Jessica was happy-go-lucky. Brooklyn was emo. Jessica was from a healthy family. Brooklyn wasn't.

It was a wonder how Jessica wanted to spend her time with her even though they were not alike at all. When Brooklyn left school, she never made any attempt to stay in touch, and Jessica didn't either. They were in a mutual understanding.

She was also Brooklyn's inspiration for her alias name.

At last, after trying on dozens of different outfits, she narrowed it down to three. A white jumpsuit much like the one Taylor Swift wore to the Billboard Music Awards, a dark blue off-shoulder body-con dress that barely covered her ass, and the red dress that she mentioned prior. These were the three that she thought would be most fitting.

After much contemplation, she picked up the body-con dress and put it on. There wasn't any doubt that she would find herself between Mr Woods sheets tonight, so that dress could at least ensure easy excess. And it was also a mixture of class and elegance.

If you put the fact that the dress was too short aside.

Brooklyn left her hair the way it was and applied light makeup to achieve the natural look. She didn't want to seem like she was trying too hard.

By the time she was done, she only had five minutes before he would arrive. At 8pm on the dot, a knock came from the front door.

Her mom, Lisa, sat up from her lying down position on the couch. Confusion turned to realization and suddenly she had a determined expression. She had a habit of scaring away anyone that came as she hated visitors.

Brooklyn panicked. "Mom, don't," she yelled, "that's mine."

"What's yours, honey. There's a guy at the door, let me drive them away and then you can tell me all about it, alright?"

True to her promise, Lisa hasn't been drinking much since that day. Sure, Brooklyn sometimes saw empty bottles in the trash, but no as many. Whatever it was, it's still progress. Lisa was now able to stand properly and strum full sentences. Brooklyn was proud of her.

Her old man, however... Well, let's just say she hadn't heard from her dad since that night.

"No, mom," she stumbled down the hall with her heels in hand, "I have a date."

"Oh," a look of understanding finally crossed her features, "you mean there's a young man out there that's taking you out?"

"Yes, mom."

"That's not happening!" her hand reached the handle and was about to throw the door open when Brooklyn stopped her again. "Honey, let go. Let me go out there and beat the bejezzus out of him for even thinking of taking out my little girl to dinner."

"Mom!"

"Do you want me to kick him off my porch instead? Because I can do that too. And for Christ's sake, what the hell are you wearing," she scolded.

"Mom, stop it," she put her hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes, "I'm not a little girl anymore. I want to go out with him, okay? And I can wear anything I want."

"Fine," she grudgingly agreed. "But I'll be here judging him when you open that door and if I say you can't continue the relationship you won't, understood?"

"Yes, mom," she rolled her eyes and threw the door open. There he was, looking fine as hell in his long sleeved dark blue button down that he folded to his elbows and black fitted jeans. He was holding a bouquet of red roses.

Mr Woods pulled her into a hug, "took you long enough," and withdrawn. He gave her the roses.

"Thank you," she blushed. "I'm just gonna...get a vase for these."

His eyes traveled beside her and noticed her mom. "Mrs Reid, I assume, pleasure to meet you. You look absolutely gorgeous."

Lisa was standing like a statue and gaping like a goldfish. She was lost for words at the man before her. She was not at all expecting her daughter to be going out on a date with this type of men. Where does she even find them! "Oh- Uh- Right, thank you," she said when she came out of her daydream. "What's your name, young man."

He chuckled. "Asher Woods," he reached out his hand for a handshake and she took it.

"Nice to meet you."

Brooklyn came back and rolled her eyes at the scene. "If you're done ogling my date, mom, we have a date to go to." She took Mr Woods's arm.

"Fine. Be back by–"

"Oh right! Almost forgot," she smacked her head, "Don't wait up, mom. I won't be back tonight!" she grabbed his arm and tugged at it. "Let's go let's go, let's go."

"Brooklyn!"