Chapter 9

“Tallulah? Tallulah can you hear me? I’m Doctor Stope.” I heard a voice say.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a room full of people. Someone was trying to put a needle in my arm so I pulled away. I took the breathing mask off my face and asked, “Where am I?”

“Tallulah, you’re in hospital, your father stabbed you. You’ve just had an operation to have the knife removed.  Put the oxygen mask back on.”

“Beau! Where’s Beau?” I asked as I began to cry. “Where’s my mum? Did he kill her?”

“No, your mum is fine, she’s in the waiting room.” The doctor responded.

“You didn’t tell me where Beau is. Is he dead?” I questioned.

“You were the only person with injuries at the scene. I’ll ask a nurse to call Beau and your mum in now.” The doctor told me.

I nodded as I put the mask back on. I winced as another doctor put a needle in my arm.

“Can you tell me how you go these scars?” Dr. Stope asked as she pointed to my arm.

“Where’s Beau?” I said, avoiding her question.

“I’m here baby.” I heard him say.

“Beau!”  I smiled as I held my hand out to him.

“I’m so sorry princess.” He said as he started to cry.

“Don’t cry.” I said softly. I felt someone kiss my cheek. I looked up to see my mum stood on the other side. She had tears pouring from her eyes.

“I told you not to come.” She whispered.

“I couldn’t leave you on your own.” I replied. “Are you ok?”

“Yes. Yeah, I’m fine. Your father is in prison now. He’s gonna be there for a very long time.”

“He’s not my father. He’s dead to me.” I spat.

Mum bit her lip as she stroked my hair.

“Where are the boys?” I asked Beau.

“They’re all in the waiting room with my mum.” Beau replied.

“Gina’s here?” I asked.

“Yeah princess.” He smiled

“Can I see them all?” I questioned.

“Yeah, I’ll go get them.” He squeezed my hand and then left the room.

Beau returned a few minutes late with Gina, the twins, Daniel and James. They walked over to my bed. Gina was crying and the rest of the boys had tears in their eyes.

“Stop looking so miserable, I’m fine.” I said. I tried to laugh but that just resulted to me doubling over in pain.

“What’s wrong?!” Beau asked, as Daniel called the doctor over.

“Stop fussing, I said I’m fine.” I smiled.