Chapter Two

Priscilla's POV

I awoke to the feeling of light on my face. I groaned and turned and pulled the covers over my head, wanting to catch up on more sleep. I wasn't looking forward to the day. My father had told me that we were going to be taking a tour of his company today so as to give me a glimpse of what I would face when I inherited it. He had said that that was necessary since my 'fool of an elder sister' wasn't ready to accept her duties.

Ugggh, I hate responsibility. I hate the thought of sitting behind the desk, working... uggghIt just seems so boring. I know I have to do it anyway, my parents expect me to.

I drag myself out of bed and get up wearily. After stretching, I make my way to the bathroom to do the morning necessities. Ten minutes later,  I was done. No, I don't mean that I  had my bath and brushed my teeth in ten minutes. No,  I took that time to brainstorm..how fabulous do I want my makeup to look today? What, a girl's gotta look pretty.

Okay, now an hour later, I'm done brushing my teeth and my bath. Now I just need another thirty minutes for my makeup and another thirty to pick an outfit for today.

There you have it guys, this is my lifestyle. I get ready every morning using 2 hours and 10 minutes. It's compulsory for me, my time must not be less or more. More can still be acceptable. After settling for a blue long-sleeved button shirt and a black pencil skirt along with black Louboutin heels, I was ready to go. I had my waist length black hair tied up with a few curls down my face. Definitely look sexy.

I made my way down the stairs and met my mother watching the news. I went over to her and gave her a peck, 'Morning mum'.

She was dressed flawlessly as always: perfectly done makeup, tied back as always black hair and a beautiful blue flowing gown. She looked fifteen years younger than the forty she is.

'Morning Priscilla. You are up late, as usual', she said. I know I awoke two hours ago but she doesn't need to know that.

'I'm sorry mother. I guess I just forgot to set my alarm'

'You always forget to set your alarm. Priscilla this is one area of your life you need to get right. I don't want you to end up like that rebel you call your sister!'

'Mother, Catherine just needs a push in the right direction. She is just not thinking straight for now'. I put my arms around her shoulders in a bid to comfort her.

'Well,  I just hope she comes to her senses fast. Ian won't be patient for too long'.

I frowned and quickly decided to change the subject, 'where is father? '

She turned then to send a frown in my direction, 'Oh do you think your father is as irresponsible as you are?  He was very much aware he had work today and he left at the appropriate time'.

I threw my hands up exasperatedly, "well you should have sent a maid to wake me!"

"I didnt want to. You should be able to wake up early yourself. I just couldn't find the strength to start dealing with my irresponsible daughter. Your father couldn't either so he left".

"Now I'm irresponsible just because I awoke late?"

"Can you hear yourself, young lady? "

I sighed, "I'm just gonna go have breakfast".

I turned to leave just as I heard her say, "Your father wants you there by 11am latest".

I checked the time, it was 10:40am. Darn it. "Thanks for the heads-up mother".

I went to the fridge and took out an apple. Looks like there's no breakfast for me today. I sighed as I went out the door.

*  *  *  *