Other Prompts- Rio/Ethan #2

Propmt: The story about Ethan eating the brownie with the nuts in it infront of Rio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Aunt Mary’s house is always so boring,” Hank whined.

                “Hank, shut up,” I said.

                “Well you have fun because Ethan is your age. But you guys are kids. I never have any fun,” Hank said.

                “We’re not kids! We’re 12 and you’re only 16!” I said.

                “Hank, be nice. You know you have fun with your cousin,” mom said as we pulled into the driveway.

                We got out of the car and helped mom gather the food she had made. She hesitated before picking up two trays of brownies.

                “These have nuts in them,” she said, handing a tray to dad. “And these don’t.” She handed him the other tray. “Do NOT mix them up. You know how severe Ethan’s food allergy is.”

                “No pressure or anything,” dad grumbled.

                We went up to the door and rang the doorbell. Hank was acting normal today, instead of the weird way he usually acted. I was pretty happy about that, since I hated it when he acted weird.

                Aunt Mary opened the door and smiled at us. “Hi guys! Come on in!”

                She led us upstairs to the kitchen and we set food down. She came over and hugged me and Hank.

                “Hi Rio! Hi Hank! I’ll go get Ethan,” she said and left, disappearing down the hallway.

                “Ethan’s so weird,” Hank said with a sigh.

                “Hank, be nice to Ethan,” mom said with a frown. “How would you like it if you had no friends and got bullied all the time?”

                “I’ll be nice to him. I’m just saying that he’s weird. Rio is weird too,” he said.

                “Jerk,” I said with a pout.

                Mary came out with Ethan trailing behind her. He came up to us and smiled a little.

                “Hi guys,” he said.

                “Hey Ethan,” we said.

                “Greg is making burgers in the backyard. You boys can snack a little inside while we go set up the table outside,” Mary said.

                She went outside with my parents and we eagerly grabbed the dessert foods. I opened up some of Mary’s cookies and bit into one.

                “Did your mom make brownies? She makes the best brownies,” Ethan said.

                “Yea, she made a tray just for you,” Hank said. “It’s over there somewhere.”

                Ethan searched around and grabbed the tray of brownies. We set a bunch of food down on the table and sat together.

                I happily ate Mary’s cookies, sharing them with Hank and Ethan. Ethan grabbed a cookie and bit into it hungrily as he took the tin foil off the brownies.