Prompts- Jude/Nate #7

Prompt: Hmm, maybe you could do one where Landon, Jude and Nate go to the movies and Landon has to leave and then it's just the two of them *wink, wink* lol, I don't even know. I just love Nate/Jude :D <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Landon, if this movie is supposed to be so good, then why is there hardly anyone in the theater?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

                “Because it’s a Monday night and no one ever comes here on a Monday. Duh,” Landon said, leading me and Jude into the basically empty theater. There were six other people in here, total.

                “Sit in the back,” Jude said.

                Landon shrugged and we followed him to the back of the theater. We sat down together, putting our feet up on the seats in front of us.

                “Here,” I said, holding my popcorn out to Jude. We always shared snacks when we went to the movies.

                “Thanks,” he said, taking some and tossing it into his mouth.

                Jude leaned against me, his head falling to my shoulder as he pulled out his phone to text. This was our relationship. It was comfortable, it was close, and it was not enough for me.

                Lately, I had been having feelings for Jude. Jealousy when he dated Gideon, and hate when Gideon broke his heart.

                Did I have a crush on my best friend? Yes, it was looking like a very strong possibility.

                I nudged Jude as the lights dimmed. “The movie is starting.”

                “Thanks for that genius,” he said, sitting up and shoving his phone back in his pocket.

                As the theater went dark, I nearly laughed in amusement. Jude’s features were so dark that the darkness of the theater nearly hid him.

                The movie started and I forced my attention away from Jude. We watched with little interest as the movie progressed.

                I heard a buzzing sound and looked over. Landon fished his phone out of his pocket and held it to his ear.

                “What, dad? I’m at the movies,” he hissed. He let out a frustrated noise. “No, I’m at the movies. Dad, I’m with Nate and Jude!” Anger crossed his face. “Fine. Whatever. But you owe me for this.”

                He hung up the phone and angrily shoved it into his pocket. “My dad is coming to get me. He needs me to help him,” he said, keeping his voice down.

                “Come to my house tonight,” Jude said, lazily tossing popcorn into his mouth.

                “Alright. Sorry I have to bail on you guys,” he said miserably, standing up.

                We let him by and Jude’s head fell back on my shoulder. “This movie sucks. We should’ve left with Landon,” he said after a few minutes.

                “We can still leave early,” I said, turning to him. I blushed, realizing how close our faces were.

                Jude was eyeing me curiously. “No, I don’t think I want to leave right now. Nathan, you’ve been acting weird around me lately.”

                My heartbeat sped up rapidly. “No I haven’t.”

                “Yes, you have. You even look at me differently. You look at me…well, the way Gideon did,” he said. “Were you jealous of Gideon?”

                “What if I was,” I found myself saying, my brain begging me to shut the hell up.                

                Jude smirked at me. “I wouldn’t be that surprised. I am an attractive person.”

                “I know your personality, Jude. The side of you even Gideon didn’t really know,” I said. I had been Jude’s best friend since we were little boys. I knew him better than anyone. I understood him.

                “So you were jealous the whole time,” he said, laughing quietly. “Why am I not surprised?”

                “Shut up!” I said angrily, trying to keep my voice down.

                “You’re being too loud. I think I need to silence you,” he said. Before I knew what was happening, his lips were melting against mine.

                My eyes widened in shock before I closed them, losing myself in the kiss. Jude had thin, surprisingly soft lips.

                He deepened the kiss, biting my bottom lip. I opened my mouth, allowing his tongue to slide in. I shuddered as his hands slid under my shirt, his touch shockingly warm in the cold theater.

                My hands reached out blindly, wanting to touch Jude. They landed on his thighs and he tensed up, pulling his hands out of my shirt to grip mine.

                “We’re in a movie theater,” he whispered, smirking. “Not here, Nate.”

                I was blushing heavily. “I, uh…”

                “We still have some time before Landon’s supposed to come to my house. I think I want to ditch this movie,” he said, his smirk growing as he pecked my lips again, a mischievous look in his eyes.