"I thought so too." Leo says smiling. "Shall we take a look at the bedroom?"

"We shall." I say imitating his voice. He jumps off of the stool and starts to lead me to the bedroom. Not too far from the dining room is an opening in the wall. Which is a hallway that goes horizontally instead of vertically. To the left is a door at the end of the hallway and to the right of the door is another door. To the right of the hallway is another door at the end too and has a door the left of it.

"There is two bedrooms, but I recommend you take this one because it's bigger." Leo says turning to the right. We enter the door at the very end. He opens the bedroom door and enters. When I enter the room Leo is opening a window to let more light in. It doesn't help much. "I didn't know how dark the apartment was going to be."

"I can get lamps." I say walking around the room. The room is empty except for a twin bed. If you look at the room from the door the bed is pushed to left corner and right next to the bed is a rather wide window. In the other left corner is a walk-in closet.

"Leo?"

"Yeah?" Leo asks leaning against the window.

"Thanks for getting me this apartment." I mumble quietly leaning against the wall opposite from him.

"No problem," he replies smiling, "I'll wait in the living room while you get a better look at your new home." He then walks out of the room with his hands in his front pockets as he always does.

After about 30 minutes I discover the other bedroom and two bathrooms. Both bathrooms has a shower, toilet, and sink. I have to admit that the bathrooms are pretty small. The other bedroom is exactly like mine, but as Leo said, it is smaller. I walk into the living room where Leo sits on the floor because there is no furniture. He's on his phone tapping away. Probably texting his girlfriend.

"You really do like this place?" Leo asks as I sit directly across from him.

"Yeah. You did a good job." I say smiling.

"Oh that reminds me, I enrolled you in a school." Leo says returning to his phone once again tapping.

"What? I didn't come here to go to school!" I say a bit angry. I don't think I shouldn't go to school because I am too cool, and badass to go. I just have too much on my plate. I also have to find a job to come up with the money for this place.

"You need an education Ali." Leo sighs not looking up from his screen.

"I need a job. That's what I need." I say a bit sassily.

"I'm going to help you with the rent. Don't worry." He says, once again tapping on his phone.

"I can do it myself, Leo."

"Look." Leo then shows his phone to me. It's some website for a high school. "I already enrolled you so there's no going back." He says pointing his finger at me.

"Ugh!" I sigh out of frustration. I lay on the floor pulling my fingers through my long hair. "Fine, but I still want to pay my own rent." I say more of a command.

"Really? Most people will take that offer." Leo says surprised. I know he would think I would love that offer. I do love that offer. I want to take his offer, but I don't want to take it. I don't want him to help me with rent because he feels bad that he left me at home. I want to prove to him that I can be independent.

"Yes really." I say confidently.

"Ok fine. Just come to me if you ever need help with money." he mumbles.

"I will," I sigh, "now I just have to find a job."

"Hey I been meaning to ask, how did you get enough money to buy a ticket to come here?" Leo asks obviously curious. I sit up to see him staring at me with suspicion in his eyes.

"For me to know." I say staring at him straight in the eyes playfully.

"C'mon. Just tell me." Leo says rolling his eyes.

"I earned some, and stole some." I say the last part quieter and trail off.

"You really are a badass, huh?" Leo says returning to his phone.

"The baddest there is." I start to smirk. "More bad than you."

"You can believe that," Leo says, "So how do you plan on finding a job?"

"I got no clue." I whisper. I burry my head in my hands and rest my elbow on my knees. I can feel Leo's eyes looking at me. I then stand up using my hands to push me up. "Well, I'm going out." I say taking the keys that were left on the divider/table.

"Where do you think you're going?" Leo asks turning himself to face me still sitting down.

"I'm going out?" I say more of a question. "Plus I'm going job hunting."

"Ah. I better be going then." Leo says standing up.

I put my phone in my little black bag that goes over my shoulder and lock the door. I put my keys in my bag carefully and turn to Leo. "Well, brother. Thank you for showing me my new apartment, but it is time for me to go job hunting." I say trying to sound like an old rich person. Leo and I share a laugh.

"You're so weird." Leo states patting the top of my head like I'm a little child.

Author's Note-

I hope you like the first chapter!

-Olivia (: