Chapter Eight♥️

Start from the beginning

Josh: "Did I wake you?"

Me: "Yeah,but it's fine."

He tore apart his breakfast sandwich in half and offered me some which I gladly accepted.

Me: "Thanks."

Josh: "No problem.So,what's the low down with you and Avi?"

He chuckled and patted his little brother's arms.

Me: "You're talking like we're dating."

Josh: "You could be if he hears that you saved his life."

He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

Me: "Esther was right.It was-.."

I stopped myself and saw him smirk.I looked around trying to change the subject.

Me: "Where's Zoe?"

Josh: "Were you being nosey?"

He pretends to looked shocked and I laugh.He finishes his sandwich and tosses it in the bin perfectly from his seat.

Me: "No."

Josh: "Admit it Kirst."

Me: "I wasn't!You damn Kaplans don't know what the word quiet means."

I see him unlock his phone and type something in.A few seconds later he speaks.

Josh: "Quiet.Meaning little or no noise."

He smirked and shut off the phone.I leaned back and mumbled.

Me: "Smart ass."

Josh: "That's what a I strive to be."

Me: "I take that back.You're an asshole."

Josh: "Watch it.Be nice to me.I'm going to be your brother in law."

*That Night*

I tried going to sleep,but I couldn't.The noises of Avi's machines kept me up.It wasn't that they were noisy.It was the purpose they were beeping.He shouldn't be here.Even though it wasn't my fault.

I still feel guilty.Thoughts we're going crazy.

Oh I shouldn't of left.Maybe if I stayed at Scömíche's for a little bit more I wouldn't catch him cheating.Speaking Scömíche I should tell them what's going on.They had try talking to me.I muted them on every place you could think they could contact me.

If that stuff didn't happen.I wouldn't of met Avi and Esther and-..Am I really thinking that the crash was a good thing?

Well..everything happens for a reason.

I drift off to a deep sleep.

*Morning*

I am shaken awake.

Doctor: "Ma'am.You need to wake up.You need to get out."

I open my eyes and immediately recognize him as Avi's doctor.

Me: "What's happening?"

Doctor: "He's seizing."

I hurried up and picked Avery up along with her stuff.I looked at Avi.He was awake and I saw those beautiful beauties.

Our eyes lock for a split second.I am pushed out and I just stand in front of the door.Smiling like an idiot.I put Avery next to Kevin who was deep into a book.I walk over to make myself a coffee.

That split second felt like an eternity.He stared at me like he knew me forever.Like I was the love of his life.The sparkle in his eyes.It warmed the heart.Esther was right.

His eyes weren't the boring usual green.

(Which is ironic because green eyes are the rarest in the world) They were like a forest green with the sparkle.Like the sunshine radiating off a tree.

I took my coffee back over.It seemed like we waited forever.I finished two and a half cups of coffee.I would've continued if Kevin didn't stop me.A nurse offered to take Avery when she woke.Kevin was holding me.

Me: "I saw them Kev."

Kevin: "Mhm.Whatcha talking about little one?"

I sat up with his arms still around me.

Me: "His eyes."

Kevin smiled,but it didn't last long.He sighed and brushed some hair behind my ear.

Kevin: "They're beautiful.Aren't they?"

I nodded as he pulled me back into his chest.

Me: "Kev?"

Kevin: "Yes little one?"

Me: "I love you."

Kevin: "I love you too,but not as much as you love-.."

Me: "If you dare say Avi."

He chuckled and put his hands up in defense.