twenty five | 2:00 pm

2:00 pm

1 day, 10 hours and 17 minutes before

Gracie and Amelia were waiting for me, and I pedaled faster at the sight of them. They were dressed similarly, in a black and white jean-and-shirt combo along with their signature matching canvas shoes, more due to upbringing than the fact that they themselves were nearly identical.

Amelia nodded at me in acknowledgment as I rode up, and I flicked my hair out of my eyes as I took off my helmet, internally rolling my eyes.

"We're waiting for Theo, and then we can go in," Gracie told me, fiddling with the strap of her purse, obviously anxious to see him.

Of course, we were waiting for him, Theo was always late.

It was odd really, that Gracie and Theo were so good together, given that she was an absolute perfectionist and he was a mess most of the time.

When Theo did finally show up, he was covered in sweat and dust, his long sleeves rolled up to his elbows with his hair standing up in different directions and there were only ten more minutes until the movie was set to start.

Gracie stood on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek, and he wrapped an arm around her while she squealed.

I rolled my eyes again as we headed into the theater.

It wasn't that I had anything against the girls, they were perfect. In fact, they were too perfect, to the point where I didn't understand how they were real.

Gracie was more down to earth, as proven through her relationship with Theo, but Amelia didn't know the meaning of the word mistake. She'd been top of her class since she was old enough to get grades in school, and she was planning on going to Harvard in the fall- she'd applied early admission to all of the Ivy Leagues, and she'd gotten in to almost every single one, with the exception of Yale.

It would have been fine, if that was all. But she was also athletic, and talented- she'd been painting since the second grade, and she'd also been trained in both ballet and classical piano- and she was an all-around good person. Volunteering at hospitals on weekends and retirement centers after school.

She was too perfect. But she was also a robot.

And that was why I hated her.