Chapter 8: Daddy! :D

Monday,

February 21, 2011

Heaven's POV

Man, this thing never gives up! I didn't even know where the hell I was, or why I was here, but I was standing in the woods for a second, and all of a sudden this rabid looking dog with about ten heads just popped out of no where and started chasing the hell out of me! Now I'm running -- and tripping -- for my life in the woods! I didn't even do anything to it!

Okay, well, that might be just a little lie, but, come on! You would've thrown a tree at it with your magical powers if you had them and this thing wouldn't leave you the hell alone, too!

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" Man, I must be crazy talking to this thing! I looked back at it -- a stupid mistake on my part -- and, suddenly I felt a hand cup the side of my face. It scared me so bad I actually stopped -- yes, while a giant rabid dog chased me -- and looked to see if there was a hand there. There wasn't of course, but now the dog had stopped, slinging it's gooey saliva crap all over my clothes and face!

"Oh, man," I said. "I'm gonna kill--!"  And then I looked around me.

Alec was here. The wolf boy was here, standing next to Eva, and Pierce. And all of a sudden, I remembered the other little...dream I had about him. But, first things first.

"Where the hell did that rabid dog go? I swear the next time I see that thing I'm gonna ring all of its necks!" To add to the affect of me being angry, I put my fist up, my elbow resting on my leg, eyes closed, and my right eye was twitching, -- couldn't help that, actually, but good for the affect -- waiting for me to control my anger. Then, I let out a breath and looked at Pierce, noticing how he looked.

Well, besides looking terribly gorgeous, he looked...well...terribly gorgeous. There's no other words for it! On the one hand, he still looked like a beautiful god like the rest of the Mason family did, but...he looked...upset? Disturbed? Damn, what was the word I was looking for? I looked at him longer. His face looked dark, sad, it looked like he hadn't fed himself for weeks, and he was slightly hunched over... hmmm....

Ah haaa! "Troubled!" I slapped the bottom of my fist into my palm. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, which I internally admitted, was possibly true. "You and me," I said to Pierce, moving my index finger back and forth between the both of us, "we gotta talk later. You gotta feed yourself, though, dude. But, second thing's second." I looked at Eva and -- hee hee -- doggy boy, internally smiling. "If you don't take about ten steps away from my kid, I'm gonna put my hand on your throat, dig my nails into your skin, and I'm gonna rip it out with a joyful, gleeful grin on my face." His eyes grew wide and he did what I asked.

"Mommy!" Eva bounced on the bed, a smile on her face, and wrapped her small arms around my neck, making me fall back on the bed.

"Hey, sweetheart, how are you?" She giggled -- yes, giggled -- (she's six!) -- and sat up.