Chapter 46: Epilogue

[UNEDITED]

August 20, 2012

Heaven's POV 

I stared out at the girls playing in the sand, the water threatening to rush over their pretty little feet.

I'd insisted on this little vacation, just the six of us, at the sun drenched beach in California.

"Momma, look at our sand castle!"

I watched Eva's face, the proud expression on her face, and I grinned at her. She and Alexandria had been working on the sand castle for a little over an hour.

"How are the girls?" Alec asked softly coming up behind me. He wrapped his arms around my swollen stomach, making sure we were all all right.

"We're doing just great," I said smiling. He rest his chin on my shoulder lightly.

"And my boy?" He asked rubbing my stomach gently.

"He's doing just fine."

"I'm still not so sure why you insisted on this little vacation so close to your due date. It's eight days away, Heaven." He kissed my cheek and rocked us from side to side.

Draken's now massive body roared from above us and landed in front of the girls.

"Momma, can we go for a ride?" Alexandria asked, standing up in her bathing suit. I glanced up at Alec.

"What do you say, daddy? Can the girls go for a ride?"

"Why not? Just be careful, Draken!" He roared as he lept into the air, Eva and Alexandria on his back. "And don't go too far!" Alec called out.

Since I was seven months pregnant, I'd been able to listen to our son. Alec was shocked and a little jealous. Since he couldn't reach his shadow, Alec wasn't able to hear his thoughts like I was.

He liked the sound of Alec's voice a lot, so Alec would read aloud to him often.

Alec pressed his bare chest against my back and started kissing my neck. I was wearing a long, white dress, plain and made for the beach.

My hair cascaded down my back, and Alec loved to play with it.

I was twenty now, and Eva had already turned eight. Alexandria told us her birthday was in June, and she'd recently turned eleven. The whole family celebrated it, including Zane and Scarlett, even though they had their hands full with Annie. They were glad they never got tired. Alexandria's first birthday with us was big, as Addison had planned it out that way.

When I was only four months pregnant, Alexandria had taken Alec and I to where she lived before she was kidnapped, before her parents died. It was small little cabin in the middle of the forest, surrounded my tons of plants and a lot of animals. She'd even showed us where she'd had to bury her parents. Then, she set a match (my hand) to the cottage and we watched it burn to the ground.

It was her way of putting everything behind her.

Now I'm nine months pregnant, and eight days away from my due date. We're supposed to go home tomorrow. Our home was the cabin in the woods. It was close enough to the rest of the family so that we could stay close, but it was far enough away for privacy. I still had Don and Branda's house.

We were all laying low in the town though. Cassie was the only friend of mine that I still talked to. She and her husband, Solomon. I grinned at the memory of her getting married. A small wedding, though, unlike mine had been. My parents still lived in Russia. Liam was set to be king as soon as he married, and my mother and father were going to help him lead our species.