Chapter 4: Just a Cold

[A/N] It's very short, but it's a chapter nonetheless. If I get enough votes, I'll upload another chapter a bit early. ;D

P.S. For those of you who read My Normal Life and Book II, I'd like your opinion on what she wants to do for her birthday, because I haven't a clue. I don't really celebrate birthdays. I'll be waiting for your answers!

Chapter Four: Just a Cold

Wednesday-Thursday,

February 16, 2011-February 17, 2011

"I refuse."

"Come on, you have to!"

"No!"

I rolled over in bed, too tired to get up. "Come on, it's time to get up!"

"No!" I put the pillow over my head.

"If you don't get up right now," she threatened in a low and slow voice, "I'll go get Lane."

"Well, it's time to start the day, don't you think?" I was up in less than a second and in the shower. She laughed the whole time I retreated to the bathroom.

~~

We were barely at school when Alec and Addison were at the doors of the car.

"You are taking me, right?" Alec said as I stepped out of the car. At first, I had no idea what he was talking about, but then I was slapped in the face with it. "Oh! Yes, Alec, of course."

"Of course," Addison said, "we'll all be going. But it's only you and the person Cassie chooses to take that will be allowed any further than the stands."

"I thought it was a witches and wizards games."

"Well," Addison told me. "The fact that it's a witches and wizards games only mean that they're the hosts this year. Everyone in the magical community, except the wild ones, is invited to participate in. It's like that for everyone, except for our games."

"Why not your games?"

"It's your games to, you know."

"Okay, then why not our games?"

"Because our games are too dangerous. It would get everyone else killed. Only vampires can participate in them," she said in a voice so low I could barely hear her. "And judge them."

We walked into the building and sat down.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" Cassie asked.

"Because they're typical high schoolers," I said. "Ignore them."

"But it's true that they would need a juicy rumor to get them staring in the first place," Addison said brightly. "I wonder what they've come up with. It sure will be interesting to find out." She hung her arms around her brother's shoulders. "Won't it?"

"Sure it will," he said smiling down at her.

~~

"Now the Green Berets, or the Special Forces of the United States Army, were something of an amazing people. These men were chosen specifically and very carefully. The U.S. Army Special Forces were formed in 1952, initially under the U.S. Army Psychological Warfare Division headed by the then Brigadier Gen. Robert McClure." Cleek took a breath and looked up from the Promethean board. "Spicer Monkey! Tell me when the Green Berets were formed and why they are called what they are."

We all waited.

"Nothing? Good. Now, give me the phone." They class started to chuckle. "Since we seem to be having a hard time paying attention, you've all earned yourselves another DBQ."