Chapter 6: Who's the Warewolf?

Friday,

February 18, 2011

Alec's POV

"Go on," I repeated.

"More than eighteen years ago my father went missing, I told you this. But what I didn't tell you was who my father is...."

"Well, who's your father?"

He sighed.

The door banged open just then, interrupting our conversation.

It was Scarlett. "I can't find Eva, dammit!"

"Are you sure you're not just overreacting like last time?" I asked.

"Yes I'm sure!"

Heaven's POV

We were practicing lighting each other's hands on fire when the door to the greenhouse burst open to reveal a very worried looking Alec.

"We can't find Eva," he said. Automatically, my "maternal" instincts kicked into gear, and I told everybody to spread out and look for her. I went into the woods on the left side of the greenhouse, and immediately started to run. I sniffed the air like a dog, like a vampire, but my senses were not as good as the other's, so I really couldn't smell anything besides the woods. But I could hear.

I heard a lot of things, but, as I ran further and further into the woods, I got deeper and deeper and then I started to hear odd things. Like ragged breathing, for one. Two, I heard little sniffles. But I couldn't exactly pinpoint where they were coming from, so I just stopped running all together to listen. It sounded like it was all around me, and it was really weird, like it was echoing.

But because of the fact that I knew it wasn't, I knew I had to find an exact point. And then it got louder, as I walked slowly, so I knew I was getting closer to it. It was more ragged, and then I saw it.

Eva's POV (A/N I know it isn't normal for this, but I feel it's necessary.) 

(This is back when Luna is taking Cassie and Heaven to the greenhouse.)

I knew I wasn't supposed to leave the house, but when Cassie left, I saw the door open and I was curious. I felt something pulling me closer to the woods. I had to go. I had to.

When I got the edge after I turned left from the house, I looked around to make sure no one was looking, and then stepped in.

I loved the woods! They were so pretty and even though it was dark, and a little cold, it was still so pretty. It was awesome! It was like that time I got all that candy for my fifth birthday! (A/N Reference to the candy store, get it? Lol.) but I felt the need to further into the woods as I kept walking. I decided to run, because I liked to run, and the woods were pretty.