CHAPTER NINE: "She said YES."

Start from the beginning

“No.” I answered firmly. “I can’t right now, Sal.”

She blabbered different and numerous reasons why we are doing this and that, that I shouldn’t be giving her a hard time about this and we have had already talked about this and there is only a month to go for this contract and all the bullshit she always say to get me to say yes.

“No.” I repeated as my jaw started clenching and my hand started to tighten the grip to Zayn’s car keys. “I can’t, Sal. Don’t push this.” I stared down my shoes to make my head wander as she insisted again; explaining all the things that were all ready for me and Kendall’s date. She continued elaborating all the rubbish that I didn’t give a shit about. I decided to glance up and stare at my little miss, who seemed to be busy over the phone too. She has a heavenly smile plastered on her sweet little lips as her shoulders slightly giggle.

“No, Sal.” I begged to differ, still eyes on my girl, who seemed to be entertained by whoever the fuck she’s talking to on her phone. She is damn laughing now. Why? “You don’t get it. I get to use my day-off.” I have to explain and get through this. This should not take long, my stomach’s starting to rumble inside and for sure, Lynn is fucking starving as I am too.

“Don’t take it there Sal.” I warned. “This is the first time that I would say no for the entire month, so please, just make an excuse or something to cover for me. Please, Sal.” I begged giving her the most desperate voice I could.

I heard her sighed in defeat and there I know I won the argument. Before she could even say a single word, “Somebody’s waiting for me.” She started talking and questioning, whom I am with but I am still sane to answer that question.

“Thanks, Sal! You’re the best!” I dismissed and winked, though I know she wouldn’t see.

“’Kay.” She said to her phone as I took longer steps to get to her sooner. “Bye. I have to go now.” She immediately dismissed her caller with a smile upon seeing me standing next to her.

“So you’re ready?”

“Who’s that?” We both asked in unison. God, do I sound shitty over protective?

“Oh,” She replied startled. “Just a friend who wanted to catch up.” She explained immaculately, giving me the face of there’s nothing to worry, but I feel otherwise.

“Oh,” I mimicked. “I thought t’was your Gran again.” I made myself an excuse.

“So,” she trailed off. “Are we getting lunch?” She asked with again, her sweet smile.

“Yeah.” I replied trying to hide my curiousness. She then, took another smaller bag out and I helped her to shut the door. I immediately grab the bag from her as she just let me that easy and locked her truck.

Why do girls have to have a lot of bags? I would never understand.

I helped her to get in Zayn’s convertible, which I felt very weird that, me and my little miss would be having our very first lunch using one of my mate’s car. That’s kind of awkward as I don’t know what already happened in here.

“I’m sorry,” I started, thought that I would explain why it smelt smoke inside. Of course, I don’t want her to think that I smoke, in case that gives her a bad impression or something. “It’s Zayn’s, sorry for the smoke-ish smell.” I immediately turned on the engine and the heater right away. We’ve been both out in the misty air.

“You guys, share cars too?” She asked bewildered facing me. I didn’t notice, she’s wearing back her gigantic glasses that cover up her beautiful refreshing face. Her chocolate locks that were loosen from her bun are now falling down her face. I immediately stop my thoughts and restrained myself from tucking in few strands behind her small redden ear.