Chapter 6 - Eleanor

Beginne am Anfang

Once he stepped out of the forest surrounded the mansion. 'I am really sorry for lying, uncle. But my intuition told me to go to that place alone' Ietsuna thought, biting his lower lip, and made his way towards the place his intuition wanted him to.

To Sawada residence.

《》《》《》Sky's Truth《》《》《》

"-Lady Eleanor!" Giotto exclaimed, his eyes still wide at the sight of the aged green-eyed woman infront of him.

The woman chuckled. "Goodness. I am no longer a lady, and how many times did I told you to call me 'mother' or at least 'mother-in-law', Giotto" She smiled, grabbing one of bewildered Giotto's hands.

Giotto blinked again, before chuckling. "Many times. By the way, not that I am not happy to see you again after so long, but what are you doing here? From Italy to here" Giotto smiled, leading the aged woman to the nearby park's bench.

Sitting down at the empty becoming, the woman chuckled. "Long time no see you too, Giotto. I came for a vacation, and to visit someone" She smiled.

"Visit someone? I didn't know you have a Japanese relative, mother" Giotto asked, blinking. As far as he knew, his mother-in-law never had one, only Italian relatives, and few German relatives.

The woman stared at Giotto with sadness filled in her eyes, making the blond taken aback and mentally panicked. Did he say something wrong?

"I see you really are not aware about it" The woman smiled sadly.

"Are not aware of ...what?" Giotto couldn't help but asked. Was it really that bad?

The woman smiled. "I am visiting my daughter, Giotto. My daughter, Rain" She said, making Giotto widened his eyes.

"Ra..Rain?" Giotto stuttered. "She ...is here? In Japan? In Namimori?" Giotto looked as if he had seen a ghost when the aged woman nodded.

"Where.. Where is she? I.. I have been searching for her for the past seventeen years. Ca- Can I meet her? Please let me meet her. I am begging you, mother. Please" Giotto choked out, eyes turned glassy, and tears eventually flowed down his cheeks.

The woman smiled sadly as she watched Giotto, the strong Giotto, broke down, begging to see her daughter, his wife, after years of separation. After all, her daughter did suddenly disappeared without any explanation to the Tenth Generation a week after the two's small marriage that was attended by only her, her husband, and Giotto's Guardians.

The woman was still silent, waiting for Giotto to calm down from his break-down. And few moments later, Giotto managed to calm down a little, and nervously waited for his mother-in-law to say something, especially after he showed her his pitiful side.