Chapter 2 -- Attached [E]

The sun was just about to rise when I arrived at school, I walked slowly, enjoying the fresh morning air and valuing the silence that would be abruptly cut off later.

I sat down on our usual spot and patiently waited for Cassie. After an hour or two, Kyle, Violet and their group arrived, hollering and laughing, signalling the start of school.

As they passed in front of me, Kyle smiled at me while Violet smirked, holding her usual orange juice. As they sat on their usual place, deep inside I mourned to be one of them, to be envied and be with Kyle. Unfortunately, that seems impossible so I just shrugged the thought off.

I was still alone, with nothing to do, so every now and then, I would constantly take a peek at Kyle, who was swearing his heart out, and my  mind would split in two, whether I would give his assignment to him now or not. 

 Give it to him now! Maybe he’ll kiss you again in the cheek!  My one side pleaded.

What if his Violet and his group make fun of you? That would be very embarrassing! The other argued.

 They won’t! Kyle would stand up for you!

 I’ll bet you my entire life he won’t!!

 Then I tuned out the voices in my mind, betting with yourself is NEVER a good sign.

Once again, I took a peek at Kyle. This time, he caught me and he winked at me, I felt all the blood in my body rush to my face, absolutely sure Im blushing like hell, I quickly looked away. Violet, seeing the whole blushing thing laughed her head off.

I hope her spiteful head really do come off.  I wished.

 Violet's attitude was really breaking me down, What did I do to her to make her turn to Cassie and me? Well, she does that to everybody anyway but it seems like we're in the special line for her feaking wrath. Thinking of it that way, It made me angry and sad at the same time, tears were starting to form in my eyes when I saw a hand offering me a handkerchief. 

I was thinking it was one of Violet's group trying to do a prank at me, I was planning to rant at the person but when I looked up, it was Kyle.

Kyle.

 It was freaking Kyle. Oh My Gosh.

He smiled nicely at me, his gorgeous face showing apology, then wiped the tears in my eyes, He leaned to me, I was foolish enough to think he would kiss me, but he went straight to my ear and whispered softly.

 “Don’t mind Violet, she’s really such a badass.” He smiled at me again, gave me his handkerchief and started to walk back to his group. 

Of course, He just felt sorry for me, no other meaning. I should'nt have expected him to stay with me to comfort me.

 “Kyle—“ I called, holding up his handkerchief, but he cut me off.

 “Keep it, Lilith.”

 Oh my Gosh…. He remembered my name!

 I was beaming and smiling like I just won a lottery jackpot (which is kinda the same thing to me) when Cassie came. I bellowed while rushing to her, not minding the students who are looking weirdly at me.

 “CASSIE!” I yelled and literally threw myself at her.

 “Hey! What’s up vampire?” She joked, trying to balance our weight.

 “Did you know—“ I started but she cut me off.

 “Of course I don’t silly, I just arrived.” She blurted out.