Takanori: "Awww c' mon. Just a little tongue," he said after they hugged.

The man just shook his head, laughing off what Takanori said.

"Who invited you?" The man questioned.

Takanori: "Naoto." Takanori answered.

"Ah, I figured." The man nodded.

Takanori: "I think he's trying to lock us in a room, so we have no choice but to get along. You think it'll work?" Takanori asked.

They both paused for a bit.

Both: "NAH!" They shook their heads.

I just stood silently behind Takanori until the man he was speaking to noticed me.

"Well, what do we have here?" The man said, looking over Takanori's shoulder. "Is this my real birthday present?" he asked.

Takanori: "Nope. All I brought was a kiss, and you rejected it so..."

"Bummer, I thought you were finally making up for sleeping with my sister." The man said, looking at Takanori

Takanori: "I told you I was sorry." Takanori said, exasperated." "Plus, that was four years ago. You said you forgave me."

"Yeah, well....." The man said.

They were like an old married couple. I couldn't help but chuckle at the back and forth banter.

"Wow, what a lovely chuckle. "The man said, smiling. Takanori, are you planning on taking the whole year, or are you going to introduce us?" The man asked.

Takanori: "Katsuhiro, this is Layla. Layla, this is Katsuhiro." Takanori said, gesturing between myself and the gentleman.

Katsuhiro: "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." The man said, clasping my hand between his hands as he shook it.

Layla: "Yes, it's nice to meet you too." I smiled and slightly bowed.

Katsuhiro was an older gentleman. I could tell by the way he carried himself that he wasn't in his 20's. I figured he might have been in his early 30's, but the subtle grey in his hair made me question myself. He was well-spoken, well dressed, and quite handsome. He wore his hair shoulder length, and his facial hair was well kept. He wore a tailored navy blue suit with a silk maroon dress shirt, unbuttoned at the collar. Seeing him made me feel underdressed.

Katsuhiro: "Come on, Layla. Let me introduce you to the rest of the crew." he said, guiding me through the party.

After being Katsuhiro and Takanori's little show and tell, we sat on a couch that lined the back of the VIP section.

Takanori: "Where's Naoto? I thought he would be here by now?" Takanori asked.

Katsuhiro: "Yeah, you're right. Should I call him? You think he's okay? He isn't usually late." Katsuhiro said, reaching for his phone.

Takanori: "Don't worry about him. The old guy must have gotten lost. " Takanori said. "That's what happens when you become a senior citizen." He joked, leaning over to me. "I'm sure he's fine."

Katsuhiro: "If you think he's old, what do you think of me?" Katsuhiro asked.

Takanori: "Oh, you're a fossil but a very well kept fossil. I must say you look great for a dinosaur." Takanori said with his usual mixture of seriousness, funny and sarcastic humour.

Katsuhiro: "Why did I invite you again?" Katsuhiro said, shaking his head with a slight smile on his face.

Takanori: "You didn't." Takanori answered.