Twenty-Six

Bullet woke up a few hours later, she looked disoriented.

Steve had put her in her bed when we'd gotten back, Bucky had been sitting on the couch watching TV when she'd woken up.

His attention snapped towards her as soon as she'd lifted her head.

Bucky got up and kneeled beside her bed, "Hey Bullet," he soothed.

I got up and trotted into the kitchen, where Steve was eating dinner.

I pawed at his pant leg, gaining his attention. I walked in the doorway of the common room.

Steve quickly abandoned his meal and followed me into the common room.

Steve quickly noticed that Bucky was on the floor and darted over to join him.

"Hey Bullet," Steve greeted her.

I sat in the doorway for a moment before going off to find Clint.
.
.
.
My vision was a bit blurry when I woke up, when I lifted my head.

Bucky appeared in my vision. "Hey Bullet," he murmured to me.

A few moments later, Steve appeared and said the same thing.

Bucky reached over and grabbed a small bag from the coffee table.

I whimpered as I tried to raise my head, but the deep bites prevented me from lifting it very high.

"She needs to take her meds Steve," Bucky told him, handing the little bag to him.

Steve quickly opened it and tore into the little pill packages. "You need to eat this Bullet," he told me as he held out a small white pill.

I took it without complaint and curled up in a ball in my bed.

Bucky pet my head and Steve had a hand on my side.

"When did the vet say she-" I fell asleep before he could finish his sentence.