Twenty-Five

When we'd gotten to the vet, Steve had taken me into the emergency section.

I was taken in immediately to the back where the vet technicians started to work on me.

A plastic mask was put on my face, a few moments later everything went dark.
.
.
.

POV SWITCH: LUCKY

I hope Bullet turns out okay, I got back as fast as I could.

The vet poured something on my leg and wrapped some gauze around my leg, but that's all they did.

I was in the waiting room with Steve and Clint, who was on his phone.

One of the technicians that had taken Bullet came back out, "Bullet?" she called in the room.

Steve stood up, walked over to her.

I followed him as we were led to a room that had Bullet.

She was sleeping and had more gauze wrapped around her.

"She's taken quite the beating, but she should be fine. It looked like a big dog attacked her," the woman said as she patted Bullet's side.

Steve gave her sad eyes, "What's all the damage?" he asked her quietly as he walked over to Bullet.

"Well, her neck had a few deep bites on it, her back leg had a deep bite, and so did her tail. No broken bones, just a few bites. We disinfected them and gave her a few dozen stitches. I've contacted the vet to prescribe her painkillers for when she wakes up." The technician told him.

Bullet twitched her paw.

"When can she go home?" Steve asked softly, petting the side of Bullet's face.

"She can go home now, but don't let her strain herself. The medications should be ready in a couple hours," she told him.

Steve picked Bullet up gently, the technician held open the door and I followed as we made our way to the lobby.

Clint was now off the phone and was waiting for us, he stood up and moved to hold open the door for us again.

It was cold, but Steve made his way to the car quickly.

Clint opened the backseat, Steve climbed it the back and I followed him.

Clint got in the front seat and started the car, pulling out of the parking lot and heading back towards the base.