Twenty-Four

And it was that which started the fight.

Lucky's leg got bit, so I sent him back to the house to find Steve. He was hesitant, but did as I told him.

At the moment, I was on top of one of the mutts, tearing into the back of his neck.

One of them grabbed my back leg and dragged me to the ground.

Well this wasn't going to end well.
.
.
.
POV SWITCH: LUCKY

I needed to find Clint and Steve, so I ran back through the woods as fast as my injured leg would allow.

When I got there, I wasn't sure I'd be able to jump the fence.

So I ran around to the front and started barking at the door, it took a few minutes before someone opened it.

It was Natasha, she called for Clint when she saw my leg.

Clint ran over and called over Steve.

Steve ran over and frowned at the leg, "Bullet didn't attack him did she?"

Clint shook his head, "No, the bite is wider than her jaws are, they jumped the fence,".

I barked and backed up darting over to the forest line and turning my head.

Steve followed and Clint walked over to get the car.

"You follow him in case she's in the woods, I'll drive to town,".

Steve nodded his head and I took off, Steve followed.

It took about fifteen minutes to get back to the city.

Steve showed no signs of being out of breath, which I was.

I trotted around the town, trying to find my way back to the alley Bullet was in.
.
.
.

POV SWITCH: BULLET

Two of the three had left after they'd won the fight and the leader had his way with me.

The corpse of the third was crumbled in a heap a few feet away.

I was curled up beside a knocked over trashcan, I heard the distant sound of nails clicking on the pavement.

I lifted my head and barked, the nails clicking ran to the alley, followed by footsteps and the sound of a car.

"Bullet!" I heard Steve call, so Lucky found Steve.

I lifted my head again, a little startled when Steve picked me up.

Lucky was by his side barking.

I heard a car door open, and then another. Steve climbed into the car and I heard Clint talking, "What happened to her?"

Lucky jumped into the back seat with us.

"I'm going to guess the same thing that happened to Lucky, get us to a vet." Steve told him.

Clint stepped on the gas and we were off.