Gatecrashed

I stood there in my dress, ready to walk down the red carpet. I grabbed J'onn's arm, who was shaking, when I looked, he was crying.

"You better wipe that away before we get going. We don't need people here knowing we can cry." I handed him a full tissue box from the table to my right.

"Thanks Alex." He grabbed a tissue and wiped his eyes and cheeks lightly. He then smiled and nodded. The men we had hired last minute opened the doors and I was greeted by a huge room where the crowd was standing but all I could focus on was my wife-to-be standing at the other end of the aisle I was to walk down.

The music began so J'onn and I started walking down. About half way down, the vocals in the song started and my little sister's beautiful voice echoed through the hall.

"The day we met, frozen, I held my breath. Right from the start, I knew that I'd found the home for my heart..."

I smiled, finally realising that I was about to actually get married to Maggie Sawyer.

"All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow!" I was feeling exactly how this song described. The moment I saw her up on that stage, I forgot about everyone else in the room. All that mattered to me was us.

I walked slower, trying to give everyone more time to hear Kara's voice. As she reached the end of the first chorus, she trailed off and the band stopped.

"I'll love you for a thousand more."

I noticed that I was already at the end of the aisle.

As we came to a stop near where Maggie and Winn were standing, I noticed that Kara was missing. I decided to take my mind off it and try to focus on my vows. Maggie went first, eager to get it over with.

"Danvers, you are my world. I would never have survived as long as I have without you. I remember the first time we met was a cliche jurisdiction fight over a case. I told you that your 'CSI' lab was bagging evidence incorrectly and I basically pointed out all the flaws to your lab. You took my advice and your lab became a fair bit more careful with evidence. I knew from the moment you took my words into action that you weren't just another cliche cop. You were, and still are, someone I would like to share the rest of my life with." She reached behind her and grabbed the ring that M'gann was holding. "Let's have all the firsts. Let's have kids and a dog and a houseplant named Lisa." She put the ring on my finger and I teared up with joy. "I love you, Alex Danvers. Till death do us part, right?" She had the widest grin I had ever seen. It made me so happy that she was happy that I spaced out and for probably a minute and a half we were staring into each other's eyes, silent and calm.

Someone from the crowd yelled. "Alex, it's your turn." I looked behind me and Kara was still missing. She had my ring, what was I going to do if she doesn't get back soon? Suddenly, Winn pulled it out of his pocket.

"Why do you have it?"

"Kara was worried she wouldn't even make it to the wedding so she gave it to me to hold on to until she gets back." He whispered back, handing me the ring.

"Back from where? Where is she, Winn?" I was starting to worry, I couldn't lose her again, not after she has only been back a few months. I now know what it was like for her when I disappeared and they thought I was dead. Kara was back but never the same, I worried that she wasn't up to fighting standards and she'll get hurt. Even if it wasn't  Supergirl business, what so important that Kara would miss my wedding to attend to?

"Just say your vows and relax, Danvers. Little Danvers is as tough as you, she'll be fine." I nodded at Maggie and pulled the scrunched up paper from my pocket. I opened it and stared at my vows, hands trembling and heart beating faster than it ever had before.

When I opened my mouth to speak, Supergirl came crashing through the roof, landing on the stage between Maggie and I. She got up quickly and flew straight back outside towards whatever threat she was trying to get rid of. Lena looked at me from her seat with her eyes clouded with worry. Suddenly the doors burst open and I could only get one word out due to my surprise and state of horror.

"Nazi's!"