Chapter 22- Happy Together

Start from the beginning

Tears filled my eyes as I flipped through over twenty photos. Them smiling at each other while the girl gushed over how much of a cute couple they made.

How could he hate me for faking a relationship just to do this? It was none of my business anyway. We weren't a thing. It was my time to forget about him.

I stopped on the last picture. It was the silhouette of Flynn and Oliver sitting in the theater. Flynn's head was on Oliver's shoulder. He looked tense, his shoulders shrugged as if he was nervous about laying on Oliver's shoulder.

I took a deep breath and shut my eyes. When I reopened them, Flynn's number lit up the phone. His smile covering my screen. I furrowed my brows. This couldn't be real. I answered it.

"Hello?" I held the phone to my ear.

"Hey," Flynn said in a compassionate tone. "I heard about what happened."

I gulped. "From who?"

He didn't say anything.

"Billie," I sighed. "He told you?"

"He sent me a video. You sound like you've been crying-"

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"That's what I'm calling about."

My heart began to flutter. I was hoping he would tell me that he loved me or at least cared about me...or wanted to be friends.

"I want you to know that...I still love you."

I sighed a sigh of relief, a smile on my face. "Flynn-"

"Before you get upset, it's not the way you think."

I froze. "Then...what way is it?"

"You were someone who was there when I was in need. Like I told someone this morning, you were my anchor. You kept me stable when I should've lost it..and whether we're together or not, you made a difference in my life. I could never hate you and I never will. But I can't keep you as my anchor. I can't depend on you anymore, especially since you're not with me anymore. I've learned now that I need to know myself before I try to know someone else and I think that that was the mistake I made when I dated you. I rushed in, thinking more about knowing you when I didn't even know who I was."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I need you to know what you are to me. I don't want us to hate each other. I want us to see the impact we've made in each other's lives...and I want you to know that it's okay to move on."

"I already know that," I sassed shutting my eyes because of the tears in them.

"Great...Then you will be okay with what I'm about to say-"

"I already know," I shrugged. "You're with Oliver and I'm fine with that. If he makes you happy then do what you want-"

"That's not what I was about to say. And Oliver and I aren't a thing-"

"Where did she get that idea from?" Oliver was laughing in the background of the call. It infuriated me.

"I have pictures of both of you from today on your little date," I shouted.

Flynn went quiet. "...What are you talking about?"

"Hayden sent me pictures. You holding Oliver's hand, laying on his shoulder-"

"You made Hayden follow us?"

"No-"

"I knew that car looked familiar. Harley, listen to me. We did it so we could get a free movie. That was it-"