Turned Night Into Day

Day of the Spring Dance

 I spun around one last time and made sure I looked okay. I tried to pretend that I wasn't nervous at all. Honestly, I didn't really want to go because I was nervous that Chase and I would be in the spotlight. But I promised him I'd go, so I grabbed my car keys and walked down the stairs.

My mother jumped in front of me, camera in hand. Great, she found that camera that I had thought I cleverly had hidden. Chase looked up from his spot at the couch. His jaw dropped a little. I didn't think that I looked that good.

"Picture time," my mother squealed. She grabbed my arm and pushed me towards Chase, who was now standing. I wonder if I should kiss him. . .I figured no, because I really didn't want my mom to show that to her friends on drink night.

  Chase gave my hand a little squeeze and smiled. I turned to my mom who had the digital camera ready to take about a million photos. I smiled and Chase and I did a few poses, which in doing so we looked absolutely crazy. But it was funny. For the last one, I lifted Chase up, like the groom does when he carries the bride away, and kissed his cheek.

 We all began to laugh. I put Chase down because I thought I would drop him. My mother came up to me and hugged me. She told me to have fun and party hard. But not too hard.

~ < ~

 "Wow," Chase and I said in awe. Even though this wasn't prom or anything, it was still jam packed and everyone was so dressed up. I guess it's a good thing I wore the tux like my mom said. Immediately, we saw James and Cyndi, along with Phil. The guy that Cyndi was stressing over.

"Wanna go with them," Chase asked over the roaring music and laughter. I yelled 'yeah' and led him over to our. . .friends, I guess. Cyndi was dancing with Phil when she saw us. She squealed and gave us each a hug.

 "You guys look so cute! And aw, you guys look so happy together! I love the tux too," she winked at us. James and Phil came walking over.

"Cute outfit," James smiled at Chase. It looked genuine, and I didn't think he was trying to be a sarcastic ass like most guys. I think he was saying something like 'let's be friends again' or something. Just in his own way.

  Chase smiled a little, "Thanks."

 "So you guys wanna go party," Cyndi smiled deviously. I laughed, this was going to be one hell of a night. We all went back to a little spot on the dance floor and began to dance. I began to get nervous though when I saw Claire make her way over to us.

"Hey, James," Claire smiled. She kissed his cheek. Was I loosing it? Did James actually ask her to be his date or what?

 "Oh, hi. So you enjoying the night," he asked innocently. I'm guessing he didn't like her as much as I did. She looked at him with a puzzled expression, then answered.

"Good I guess, my date didn't show. So I was wondering if you wanted to be his replacement," she smiled, moving a little closer to him.

  Chase tapped my shoulder, "One dollar he'll say no."

"Sorry, Claire. I kinda rather hang out with my friends than you," he said as kindly as he could. He then turned to us. "Want some punch, anyone?"

"I do," I smiled and raised my hand. Claire shot me a mean look then stomped off. We all began to laugh, but "Open Arms" by Journey, stopped us. People left, and couples began to go on the dance floor. James gave me a little smile and made his way over to the punch, which I don't think was punch.

 I looked over at Chase nervously, "D-Do, I mean, may I have this dance?"

He looked up at me, "Of course, Mr. Days."

 I placed my arms around his waist, and he wrapped his around my neck. We began to sway back and forth. Some people pointed, others chuckled, and some girls went all fan girl. But it didn't really matter. Tonight everyone was here to have fun and be young. A "live for today" type of thing.

"They're talking about us," Chase whispered.

"Who cares anymore," I smiled, playfully, pulling him closer to me. He bit his lip and blushed. He wrapped his arms a little tighter around my neck. I smiled and he brought his lips to mine. The kiss was so sweet, but also emotion filled. I like it.

 Gently he pulled away, "Eric, even though I have glasses, I can see well enough to see that we're meant to be."

"Chase," I breathed, in awe. He kissed me once more, but this time not as long. I swear, I felt as if I was flying as high as a bird.

~ < ~

 "Carry me," Chase yawned. He extended his arms out and made his cute little face, that he only makes when he wants something. Or someone.

 "You can't make it to the car, lazy?" I asked.

He nodded his head, and smiled. I sighed as I lifted him off the ground, like when we took the pictures before we left. He rested his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my neck, like when we were slow-dancing. I carried him all the way to the car, and gently put him down.

"Where do you wanna go now, Eric?" Chase giggled. Maybe he was high or drunk of the so called 'punch' at the dance. Or he was extremely happy. I unlocked the door, and opened it for him.

 "Home, maybe. You need some sleep. Seriously," I nodded.

  "Can't we just stay up super late together? Maybe cuddle a little, watch a movie, make out, stuff like that. That would be nice," Chase nodded approvingly, as he climbed into the passenger's side. I shrugged as I closed the door and made my way over to my side.

"So did you have a nice little night?" I asked as I started up the car.

 He rested his head on my shoulder, "Of course I did. Because I was with you."

I smiled. Chase stayed awake the whole ride to his house. I walked him to the door where he traced my jawline with his hand. I got goosebumps.

 "So, no sleepover tonight?" he asked, a little glum.

"Not tonight. But I'll visit you tomorrow. That sound okay?" I suggested.

  "Ah, but why? Just for the night?" he asked, while he moved a little bit closer to me. His lips just inches away from mine. I never noticed how the color of his lips were so peculiar. They were a soft pink color, but they were striking.

I sighed, "Just for the night. I don't wanna freak my mom out. Again."

"But she like, well she probably knows you'd be over here," he laughed. "Besides, she kinda reminds me of a fan-girl."

I gave him a small kiss, "Wow."

  Chase unlocked the door and we walked into the dark room. His mom must be working the night shift again. So it was just us. I nodded. Chase turned on the lights and we went straight to his bedroom.

"Hey, penguin. Why don't we change into some PJ's," Chase teased. He loaned me yet another pair of his clothes, and we both got comfortable. I layed down on his bed. He jumped next to me, and began to stroke my hair.

 "So am I a penguin now or what?" I laughed.

He moved so his face was in front of mine. Instead of answering, he smiled and kissed me. The night just continued on from there.

~ < ~

OMG, total fan-girl moment! Just like Eric's mom! Ha, but anyways, like the extra, super-special, long, summer chapter? More shall come for sure. And be sure to comment! I miss your guys' voices. LOLOL. 'Til the next chapter. And I have some news. . .good news. BUT, I'll say it in the next chapter. XD

With Love, Mya