Monday

I yawned as I walked into the classroom, which to me, was too bright. I walked over to my seat and sat down.

"Hi Eric." a few girls smiled as they walked in. Automatically, I smiled and waved. But the person I really wanted to see right now was Chase. The bell rang. People hurried and scattered to sit in their seats. Our teacher, Mr. Briggs, is very strict when it comes to being on time for class.

The door opened. I turned around and felt my heart race. Chase stood at the door with his hair slightly out of place. He pushed his glasses up and smiled at me. He took his seat right after.

"People, remember what I said about being tardy?" Mr. Briggs asked. He raised an eyebrow. Some people yawned, and others groaned. He had gone a whole period lecturing about being on time for everything.

"Being tardy is people with no future. No career. Smarties don't get tardies." he reminded. I smiled a little. At least he was always on time, but Mr.Briggs had no way with words. Maybe that's why he's single. . . .

"Alright class, let's get started. But first everyone find a partner." he instructed. As soon as he said 'partner' people jumped out of their seats. I frowned, a huge crowd of girls came rushing over to me. They seemed so desperate.

"Hey, it's my turn, bitches."

I recognized that preppy voice anywhere. And it wasn't a good thing. Claire James. She was one of the plastics at our school, but she wasn't just a plastic, she was the most popular one. With a bad attitude. And to make it worst, she was one of those I-get-what-I-want-or-else type of girls.

"Oh, um hi." I greeted her. I scratched the back of my head. I saw Chase start to make his way to me.

"Wanna be partners?" he asked. The girls looked at him, then me.

I shrugged, "Sure."

Claire rolled her eyes and the mob of girls walked off, or others partnered together and took their seats. Chase came and sat next to me with his textbook and things in hand.

"Hey." he smiled.

"Hi." I replied a little too fast and enthusiastically. I blushed and turned to my side.

"Okay, you're going to be working on pages thirty to forty in the textbook for the rest of the period. Whatever you don't finish is due in class tomorrow." Mr. Briggs nodded. The class groaned. I sighed.

Chase opened up the text book to page thirty four and placed it in the middle. We began our work, but we started to talk about all sorts of things instead. It felt nice to actually have some time to spend with him.

"So, do you always get mobbed like that?" he asked.

I shrugged, "I guess so. Kinda like bein' a celebrity, but I don't really like stalkers."

"They'll follow you home!" he laughed.

"Ssh. The worst time is when dances and stuff like that comes up." I shuddered. I remember our eight grade winter formal, this girl kept asking me over and over to go with her.

"Maybe you can take me." he winked.

"Bromance, much?" James, the boy behind me laughed.

"I know, huh." Chase laughed too.

"Whoa, bros." his partner giggled. She covered her mouth with her hand.

Soon we all started to laugh and talk together. James wasn't half bad either. He also had a really nice colored blue eyes.

"So, what music are you into?" he asked us.

"Rock." the girl smiled proudly.

"Probably...80's." Chase nodded.

"Good call, dude." James nodded.

"I know. I really like back in the day type, you know. Like Journey and The Police type of music." I agreed.

"Nice." Chase smiled.

"Are we getting any work done today lady and gentlemen?" Mr. Briggs asked. He had a smirk on his face and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yes. Just talking about the Civil War and all that stuff." James' partner nodded. Mr. Briggs nodded his head and moved on.

"Ha, thanks for saving us." I whispered to her.

"No prob, dude." she smiled.

"Cyndi, you really are a life saver. You know that?" James said to her.

Chase cupped his hands over my ear, "Just like how you are to me."

I looked at him, and he nodded his head with a shy smile. When really, he was the one who saved me. That's what I should have repiled with, but instead I said: You're welcome. And I turned away, hiding my real feelings.