Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: Obscured Hollows

Luna found miraculous things in everyone.

There was a light that shone in everyone, no matter how much one tries to deny it. The only difference was, how much of it does it shone through?

She gave a smile as a wise look appeared in her eyes before disappearing. There was a lot that she knew, but there was no need for her to say it. No matter how 'loony' they all thought she was, she observed, and she learned, surely and quietly.

Yet that did not meant it did not hurt when they jeered at her. So, in order to ignore the stinging wounds, she poured her whole being to study what she love, mystical beasts. There lies her passion, all her energy towards what she love. Some may say it was luck that she found what she was determined to follow, but to her, it was the path she chose, not luck itself. She could have chosen any other subjects as her future career, yet she did not, for her connection lies within Magizoology.

But, she soon found out during The War that not all she thought was true. It made her face the truth, that not all that was written in The Quibbler is real, no matter how much she wanted to deny it. Yes, beasts exist, magical beasts that were dangerous yet beautiful, mysterious yet mystical, but there was a fine line between fantasy and reality.

It was a point she had tiptoed over without her realizing, expressed when she spoke it out or argued with Hermione. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she had always preferred fantasy over reality, a place where things can change and bend to your imagination, unlike the harsh, cruel real life.

It was time she faced the limelight, her limelight, and she faced the truth after the Great War.

There are things, beasts included, that do not exist, written in The Quibbler.

And as soon as she faced that, she was able to let go of it.

She continued her life, albeit the times that increased when she was down or saddened when she wanted to share something with her friends that were no longer there. So many have gone, so many have left. It left her with a loneliness that dulled with an aching for comfort.

Luna Lovegood have her ups and downs, its just that she was used to smiling brightly that it shone over her sadness, or for some, they just didn't notice her at all.

Spotting Ginny, she went over to say hello.

"Hey Ginny!" She said brightly, giving a smile to the red hair. They had grown closer after the War, just like everyone had grown closer to others.

Ginny gave her a smile as well, and the two girls walked along side each other for a while as it was currently their free sessions.

Luna's glance fell lightly on Ginny's relax face before moving away. Somehow, she felt that the red hair was not truly happy, yet she had no signs of it. If Luna was covering her emotions with a smile, then Ginny would be a shield to ward of all signs of unhappiness.