Chapter 10

Covering the blue plastic plate with an identical lid, I dropped it into the lunchbox which contained a water bottle, capri-sonne, two digestive biscuits and a spoon. There was still noodles in a smaller flask.

Done with that, I held the lunchbox in my right hand and made way towards the exit of my kitchen.

Muwaffaq was starting school today and I wanted everything to be perfectly arranged even though he still has not accepted me yet.

He doesn't allow me to bathe, feed him or even touch him.

Al-Amin was not like that with dad!

The squeaky sound of the door opening made me look up and I was met with two pairs of eyes already starring at me, the latter look a bit intimidated.

It was Isma'eel and Muwaffaq holding hands as they made their way over to dinning table where I was standing.

He wore a black short with a navy blue Polo shirt, a black face cap and a pair of palm slippers.

While Muwaffaq was in his milk Coloured long sleeves with a brown little tie on his neck and his well ironed trousers tucked above his shirt showing his brown belt. That was his school uniform.

He looked so adorable!

"He doesn't like too much milk in his tea." Isma'eel said putting a hand over mine as I tried to increase the quantity of milk in Muwaffaq's cup.

Okay who doesn't like milk?

"Why doesn't he like milk? Kids his age love it... I mean even I love it." I found myself asking in slight disbelief.

Isma'eel shrugged and said "He's really picky."

I nodded my head in understanding, "But he does like bread right?" I didn't think I could handle it if the boy doesn't like bread too.

I breathed a sigh of relief as he nodded in affirmative.

"Okay...here you go baby!" I exclaimed placing a cup of tea and three slices of bread, I really hope he allows me to at least feed him today.

Instead of mirroring my expression or at least smile a little, he turned his face away from me and suddenly found the silver frame on the wall more interesting than his food or me.

Embarrassed I quietly kept the food in front of him and turned to Isma'eel who has been watching us.

"Just give him time, he'll get use to you." Isma'eel said with an assuring smile.

I returned his smile, trying to hide my disappointment and proceeded to make his own tea.

After our breakfast we went to drop Muwaffaq in his new school 'Bright star kiddies academy' it was a thirty minutes drive from our home and five minutes drive from my restaurant.

••••••

"I'm telling you, you need to try it." Isma'eel insisted as we drove out of the school gate after dropping Muwaffaq in school.

He surprisingly did not throw a tantrum when we were leaving, which still amazed me because I knew it was sort of a tradition. You must to throw a fit on your first day at school.

"Nooooo..." I whined stressing the 'o'

Yesterday when I fainted in summayya's house she had panicked and called Isma'eel not even waiting for Sadiya to explain things to her.

I'm Ailurophobe...yes I fear cats, and faint whenever I see one.

I didn't know where Summayya got a cat from but I'm never going back to her house unless she got rid of it!

"Ailurophobia is the intense fear of cats and its one of the very common phobias" Isma'eel started and I rolled my eyes, he was taking this issue way too serious.

"The causes of any phobia is usually far away from being related to rational thoughts about the feared object. For example, we all know that cats are tiny, helpless and that they fear humans yet many people have Ailurophobia or the fear of cats.

Most people try to cure the fear of cats using rational arguments and some people develop this phobia as a result of an unpleasant incident with one. When trying to cure a Ailurophobia, know that rational arguments can never work and that understanding the causes of the phobia is the real key.

The fear of cats is not hard to cure, you just need to know the right causes and commit to the treatment method described above." Isma'eel finally rounded up his long speech that he was reading from his phone and even went as far as parking by the road in order to 'Concentrate'

Groaning I released a frustrated sigh "Okay I've heard Mr husband," I said the last part sarcastically.

It was no longer awkward between us again.

"I'll give it a try." I murmured making a smile appear on his handsome face.

I could stare at him all day if not for the tingling sensations.

"That's the spirit! I'll be with you each and ev..." he didn't get to finish as his phone started ringing.

"Muwaffaq is throwing a fit!"

Ha! I knew it was too good to be true!

He quickly reversed the car and we were on our way back to the school, I kept trying to tell him it was normal and his presence will simply worsen things but...

"I'll just pacify him and that's all" He argued, I kept my lips shut and just stared ahead. Soon we were in the school and Isma'eel barely stopped the car before leaping out, I got out of the car and went after him.

Muwwafaq was shouting his lungs out and throwing things, his well packed lunch laid ruined on the floor. Isma'eel bent down and was calming him down.

"I'll take him home, he'll be back tomorrow." Isma'eel said to one of the teachers.

Uhh...Not happening!

"Uhmmm sweetheart, all kids cry on their first day, you just have to..."

He cut me off angrily, "what do you know? You're not his mother!"

He picked up his son and started walking towards the car, I was shocked and embarrassed. Many eyes bored into me and what Isma'eel just said kept ringing in my head.

I shook my head slightly and ignored him, he was still in the car probably waiting for me. I sighed and then hollered at a cab.

•••••••••
What just happened? 😱😱

Happy New Year everyone 😘

I'm so sorry for the late update... Major writers block wallah🤧