chapter 14

Nabeela was sitting on the dinning chair with her back relaxing on the wooden chair, you could see her pregnant tummy which was prituding from the peach colored gown she wore.You could see the reflection of the television in her eyes just like the ray of sun converge to take someone's attention, as she sat down on the dinning area where you could only listen to the sound of people clapping their hands as the pioneer woman on food network came out waving her hands in the air for the spectators as the show was about to get starting . But you could tell it was just her eyes that were watching as she was very deep in thoughts.

She was thinking about how she could convince Isma'eel, her husband to continue with his therapy sessions which he said he quit since there wasn't any progress in the past few months since the occurrence of the accident.

Six months earlier when she had received that phone call informing her of Isma'eel's accident she thought her world would come crumbling down but Alhamdullilah the accident only affected his legs which the doctor said he would be able to walk just fine in a few months time without the use of cruches because as of now he uses cruches.

But Isma'eel wouldn't have it, for the first few weeks of therapy he ended up exhausting himself and adding pain to his injury which made him not being able to walk for two days. Nabeela was soo mad at him then and had said to him in a fit of rage "you should be grateful to Allah that it's just your legs what could've been the case if it was something more serious than this what would you have done? Or what if you hadn't made it out alive? Do you think it's easy for me to see you like this? In pains? No it's not! Sometimes I wish I could take away the pains even if it's just for a few seconds, But I can't! I can do nothing but pray for you! You have to help yourself too, I need you! Muwaffaq needs you!" she then rubbed a hand over her flat tummy and whispered "he needs you too..."

By now her eyes were already filled with tears and she turned to leave the room when he grasped her hand, she stopped walking but didn't turn back, it was her ears who heard his heartwrenching sobs which forced her head to turn to look at him.
He Already knew what she wants to hear. She wants the slightest bit of hope from him that things will be better, but Ismael is not only struggling physically, he is struggling mentally, emotionally which he needs to overcome before giving out any hope to his partner.
He sat on the bed, holding her right hand to his face and sobbing like a baby. She didn't stop him rather she just stood watching him, he needed to let it all out. Crying doesn't mean you're weak, it just shows you're human too and you get hurt sometimes and when that happens you need to cry, you need to let it all out to feel a little bit better.

"I'm so sorry for everything, I didn't even stop for once to think about how you feel, I ju... I just feel so useless and suffocated in the house, I've become so used to traveling around and driving which is my hobby, you know. So it's just so difficult for me to adjust but I'll try to get better soon for us, just please don't leave me alone and don't stop praying for me." he concluded pitifully crying and clutching on to her tightly.

She sighed and hugged him tightly.

Present

Fakhir sat with legs on the couch and a plate filled with cake balls on his front while his eyes were glued to the television screen where he was watching the The pioneer woman on food network.

Okay, they just discovered food network and everyone has since diverted his/her attention to watching it. Nabeela liked watching it because it was her thing, you know? Fakhir, for some weird reason is also interested in cooking, he's like a mini chef and has since also become his sister's chef because she mysteriously just decided she liked his cooking more than anyone else's, pregnancy! He scoffed. Isma'eel just watches it because he doesn't have any other choice but he would be lying if he said he wasn't enjoying the shows, especially Chopped.

"OMG! Is that cake balls?" he heard Nabeela's voice squeal, she picked two and threw them both into her mouth. Fakhir mentally shivered, where was her table manners!

"Double OMG! You're watching The pioneer woman and didn't even call me" she half-whined with her mouth still stuffed with cake balls.

"they just started it, and you know I don't like this pioneer woman, she's always talking about her daughter Alex as if she didn't have any other children."

"whatever!" she answered back, propping herself on a couch opposite his.

"I actually prefer restaurant impossible, Robert Irvine is the real deal!" he continued.

She just hummed because her mouth was stuffed with cake balls, as if just remembering something she shot up and stood with her hands akimbo "have you prayed? Because if I can remember correctly I left you here when the adhan for Maghrib was called and it's already 8:30."

Judging by the way he stayed quiet she knew he hadn't prayed and she slapped his head

"Ouch!" He yelled and jumped up from the couch, he rubbed his head painfully as he headed to the toilet. Nabeelah was so focused on watching the tv she didn't realize Isma'eel was intently staring at her.

It was when she turned to ask him a question, she caught him and he quickly turned away

"I know I'm irresistible" she said in a sing song voice, he smiled

"Gosh! I want to eat boiled potatoes, the one that was made since morning, like it's cold already"

"Where do you want to get that one, see this woman fa" He said teasingly

"Whatever let Fakhir finish he'll go and look for how to get it for me"

She noticed his expression become sullen

"What?"

"I'm useless to you Nabeelah and I hate the fact that I can't even go get you what you're craving. What will happen if Fakhir leaves for school? Will we stop him? Will we call him from lecture to go get you what you want? What if you go into labour and I'm the only one here? It's just as same as you being alone"

"That's why we need to continue the therapy"

"Don't you get it!" He screamed, "it's not working, you're not the one feeling the pain when I do all those stupid exercises and at the end of the day it only become worst. All you do is sit here, eat, sleep and watch tv and complain that I stopped my therapy"

He stood up, struggling with his crutches, he walked away leaving Nabeelah in tears.

••••
And we're back people! I don't even know where to start from😬 I've been so busy that I had to put the book on hold but I'm back now insha Allah.

Today marks a year since I started this book and I'm still at chapter 14, soo disappointing!🤧

Okay bye!