Chapter 4

Mum, someone disconnected the WiFi again." Fakhir my sixteen year old brother complained from where he laid with his head on mum's lap.

He was a mummy's boy.

And we all knew that "someone" was Al-amin, who was making a phone call. He was twenty but still behaved like a child sometimes, "big for nothing" mum sneered at Al-amin.

"Nna"(mother), dad says he wants to see you before the week ends." Said Al-amin.

I could see mum's face pale from where I sat, she stood up briskly and turned to Al-amin,

"What did he say was the matter?" She asked worriedly.

He shrugged, and sat next to me.

I and Al-amin's biological father, Alhaji Shuaaib Bashir was a very stern man. Even after their divorce, mum was still cautious of him making sure we had everything we wanted before he gets to know and since it was agreed that we stay with her after the divorce, he was petulant about our needs not been fulfilled.

It was hard at first getting used to the divorce, and it became harder when mum remarried and because my step dad was the sweetest being ever, I instantly became attached to him but I think Al-amin is still finding it difficult.

"You finally remembered this glasses today" Said Al-amin and then bringing his hand to touch the nose pin on my nose, "Is today 'wear the things you never like to use day?' He teased.

Slapping his hand away from my face, I rolled my eyes at him.
I had an eye problem which warranted in me getting a medicated glasses but only used when I want to see things from afar clearly or when I want to watch the television, like I was doing now. My nose was pierced when I was probably twelve by an aunt who had been obsessed with piercings, and the hole never closed up and I rarely put a nose pin there.

The furious vibration from my phone jolted Al-amin immediately up,he had been sitting on it, We all laughed at him after he found out what made him squeal like a little girl

"Sadiya you almost scared the life out of Al-amin with your call." I said still laughing immediately I picked up her call

"Well he deserves it and besides your phone is always on vibration, not my fault."

"So why did you call?, I'm sure it's not to blame me about my phone always being on vibration." I found my way to my room to avoid those eavesdroppers I call siblings.

"Oh my! So what're you trying to say that I can't call you on a regular day to know how my bestest friend is doing?"

"Not exactly" I gave a honest reply

"And I was thinking of taking you along as I go check out this new restaurant but well I guess its time to call someone else."

Food!

"Oh am sorry, of course you can call to know how I'm doing, you do that every time so I'm pretty used to it" Her laughter came out loud and I had to move the phone away from my ear while still cringing.

She had a terrible man-like voice which also made her laugh horrible.

Owning a restaurant myself didn't stop me from trying out others.

"Fine, fine my heart has been melted I'd be there in five minutes" She ended the call and I quickly ran into the shower,that girl will beef me about it for weeks if I kept her waiting.

•••••••••••••

"Sadiya you're the worst witch I've ever met." My feets were aching and terribly. Turns out there was no newly opened 'restaurant' it was the newly opened mall that she had been dying to raid since last week, We've spent hours combing through clothes racks,bags,makeups,jeweleries, in fact everything wearable was in the two different carts we were both pushing to the counter. She gave me a toothy grin.

"Did you enjoy the food?, I was told this restaurant sells the best so how was it?" I gave her my best glare but the foolish girl just laughed and turned to the cashier whose eyes had widened at the numerous items we had gotten.

"This will be taking a while" She muttered more to herself and Sadiya simply rolled her eyes then brought out her phone and started scrolling through.

"Am going to get a drink, want one?" I asked her.

Without looking up she answered with a "Coke of course" I headed to the section where seemed like drinks and snacks would be sold, thankfully it was a cloudy day so my makeup wasn't been ruined by any unnecessary sweats. It took me a while before I had got to be place, the mall was very large. I had paid for what I bought and the lady didn't have change and also refused to give me back my money, she rather rummaged through her purse for around for ten minutes and I was already expecting a very infuriated Sadiya when I got back but was shocked when I got there, yes she was infuriated but not at me. she was pissed off at herself.

"How could I leave my debit card at home ehn, how clumsy can I get?, And that useless Aisha isn't picking up her damn phone." Aisha was her cousin who was staying with them.

"Well we could just drive back to your house to pick it up" I offered.

I wasn't with mine too, as I was hurrying I must have forgotten it.

"That's the problem, my car is almost out of fuel, I was supposed to go to the ATM gallery just by the corner and withdraw then manage the remaining fuel to the station to refill but now..." She paced about under the watchful eyes of the cashier who must be thinking she was faking but she wasn't, her family was very wealthy.

"I called the gateman to tell the driver to come meet me here but he said Aisha sent him on an errand then I told him to go into the house and tell her to pick up her phone,she isn't responding to his knocks on her room's door and I can't describe to him where my card is." She was still pacing about as she explained She put her phone to her ear presumably to call her cousin.

Aisha was in a whole lot of trouble.

"Still not picking," She turned to me "Help me with some cash let's get fuel I'd pay you back once I sort everything out"

"I didn't come out with much since I thought you were treating me out and the little I had was spent on this." I said raising the drinks and snacks I had gotten.

"Asalamualaikum sisters, I couldn't help but overhear your discussion" We both turned instantly to the owner of the voice and it was Isma'eel and his son.

And what's with the sisters?

"Wa'alykasalam, we're sorry for being loud you can now go back to what you were doing" Sadiya snapped and I shook my head at her,she probably doesn't remember him from the last event we had.

"What're you doing here?" I asked and gave his son a little wave but he simply stared at me as if I was some odd creature.

"Oh just shopping for birthday gifts" He seemed embarrassed and I chuckled.

"That's nice" I nodded my head then began shuffling my feet, I was feeling uncomfortable.

"So how much is everything?" He asked the cashier and Sadiya's mouth dropped open in shock.

•••••••••••
This has got to be the longest chapter so far all thanks to qu33n_leemah