vingt-trois

mercredi 20:37

Tuesdays were always date nights.

Marcelle and Julian never really had matches on that day unless it was something special like the Champions League or the Coupe, both of which was only occasionally. Even if they had training earlier in the day, it was always their first priority after it ends.

They would make sure their night is free to spend with the other, and it would always be Julian picking up Marcelle at her flat. However, just yesterday, Julian had come back from his trip to Ibiza, and Marcelle didn't want make him drive to her place, so she offered to take the metro to his flat. But he was at her door before she could argue any more.

Marcelle didn't know why but....Julian seemed a little bit off.

Not like it was in a bad way. When he came back to Paris yesterday, the first thing he did was come over to Marcelle's and kiss her. The first and only thing he wanted to do was spend time with her, and initially, it didn't bother her.

She had thought nothing of it. Julian probably missed her.

Even with the more than regular excessive kisses and affection he had given her, Marcelle thought it might just be the same reason. She wasn't bothered by it, so it would make sense to not think too much of it.

Tonight, they're at a nice French restaurant, seated at a table. Both wearing PSG sweatshirts with the hood up to disguise themselves among the people, Julian's hand lingers on Marcelle's cheek as she listens to him talk about his trip to Ibiza.

"The weather there wasn't too bad," he told her. "But when I came back to Paris, shit, I was freezing."

Marcelle laughed, looking down at her lap. "Welcome back to Paris, mon amour. You know I actually missed you, right?"

"Wow, you did?" Julian pretended to wipe sweat off his forehead and sighed. "Whew, I thought you completely forgot about me."

"Shut up!" she whined, taking his hand in intertwining it with her own. "I missed you. I mean, who else am I going to annoy after training everyday?" Julian responded with a wooow, only to chuckle right after. "But you know what, I had Laure to take me out and feed me, so it's alright."

It was like Laure was Marcelle's little replacement for Julian, only that, she thought no one could ever take her boyfriend's spot. He was only as equally annoying as herself, she admits it wasn't really the same.

The day Julian came back, yesterday, Marcelle just felt obligated to post a photo of him since that basically all of France and every single person on Earth knew of their relationship. It was a picture of him standing inside Charles de Gaulle Airport distracted by his phone.

Let's just say the entire thing wowed everyone on social media and Julian as well (he thought the first time she would post a picture of him was on their first year anniversary).

"Ibiza was fine. I mean, I feel like every footballer goes to Ibiza at any chance they had a break, so I think it's kind of overrated," Julian said, his fingertips tapping on the table. "All the boys wanted to do was party and drink."

Did they? Julian hadn't really texted Marcelle at all at Ibiza, but she didn't mind. "But it seemed like you had a great time there, so I guess that's what matters most."

"You're right." He stood up from his seat, his hands lingering on the table. "I'm need to go to the restroom, schatz. I'll be back in a quick," he said, leaning down to kiss her before leaving.

She nodded while Julian left, leaving her and the table. Seriously, you wouldn't believe how much she missed Julian. It was only a few days, but she found herself missing his presence when she went out or tried to fall asleep at night.