chapter three

Much to our surprise Lee's mom had come with my mom to met us, the two were talking about-about whatever moms talk about. Debra Thompkins and my mom sit on the benches talking, while Lee and I sit on the swing sets. No one else is around, so it's nice to get away from all the noise. My mom called me over and I came. "Be right back" I told Lee as I walked over to the table. " see that girl over there?" she asked me, pointing to the far left which is where the sidewalk is, a girl who is probably a year younger than me or two. She has dark, reddish hair with glasses. I can't help but find her very attractive "Yes... Why?" I asked " she seems nice." I watched her walk closer to the park "Yeah." Is all I could say, I didn't even realize that I was staring. My mom and Debra both smiled at each other. To my surprise, Lee called her over. "HEY! Kristen!" She called her over, obviously friends. The girl Kristen came over to Lee. I was very socially awkward, but my mom made me go back over there to introduce myself. I walked over there as Lee introduced her "Edward, this is my friend Kristen Kringle. Kristen, Edward."

I swallowed hard, knowing I'd always had speech issues especially when in an uncomfortable situation. "H-Hi" I stammered. The girl smiled " Hi,it's nice to meet you Edward." She said, extending her hand but not looking at me which made me think she was shy. I shook her hand slowly, adjusting my glasses Lee giggled and I gave her a warning glare. She finally looked up at me, I could actually see her face. She was so beautiful, I gasped and looked back down. She had big, green blue eyes with glasses similar to mine. Lee cleared her throat, I looked at her and out of the corner of my eye I could see that Kristen looked upset "Kristen, are you alright?" I stutter " you gasped....why?" she asks,sounding hurt "Wh- What? No I just.. I didn't mean t-" Lee cut me off "Edward does that sometimes. It's just how he speaks" Lee said saving me, I can't help but notice Kristen smile slightly when she looks at me, I could have sworn my mom just took a picture like one of those parents.