Goblins in Bushes, Vampires in Trees

It's in human Jasper's POV!-

October 31st, 2:59 AM

I couldn't sleep, and I had recently had a nightmare. So tough, right? I know. I got up, put on a baggy shirt and a pair of sweat pants. Might as well go on a walk, yeah?

As I stepped outside, I noticed it was chilly. Way too chilly for an October morning, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I walked past houses with goblins peaking from the bushes, skeleton heads on their porches, green lights on their garages. Hell, some had ghosts and vampires hanging from tree limbs. Mine was plain, no decorations. I don't go all out, but I like to see little kids and teenagers walk by in their 'spooky' outfits. I had made it pretty far into the neighbourhood, and was about to turn back, when something caught my eye. It was behind the bushes, and had something glowing around it. I walked over, and almost turned, ran, and called the cops.

It was a human hand, with a glow bracelet around the wrist. But then I remembered, 'it's Halloween. It's probably decoration!' But the foul stench told me wrong. It was real.

"What's cookin', good lookin'?" A female voice said behind me. I flinched, and turned around with wide eyes, and looked at the hand, then her. She had blood running down her chin. "What? Never seen a human hand separated from its body?" She asked. She had shoulder length maroon hair that shimmered in the moon light, dark red lips, probably from the freaking blood running down her chin from her mouth, and she was slightly shorter than me, with a black long sleeve shirt, converse, and skinny jeans. "Who are you?" I asked, fear showing in my voice, making it waver. She grinned, "only your best dream!" and did jazz hands.

"Now, sweetheart," I grimaced at the nickname, making her laugh, "who are you?" she said, pointing at me. I shook my head, but something made me really want to tell her my name. I did. "Jasper" I whispered, and she nodded. "Well, Jasper, I wonder what your blood tastes like. Maybe salty, maybe sweet... Maybe so delicious that I won't be able to stop myself from killing you." She said, as her eyes darkened. She bared her teeth, and lunged at me. I shrieked, and moved out of her way, making her face plant the ground. She hopped up, and smiled, "nice dodge! But, uh, try again!"

Lunge after lunge, dodge after dodge, I eventually became tired. She noticed, and circled me. "My, my, my! You're good at this," she patted my head, and I flinched, "I like you, you'll be a good member of our clan!"

I shook my head no, and she growled, "well, I can't just tell her she's my mate... I have to get her somehow." she muttered under her breath, but loud enough where I could hear her. Mate? "Mate?" I asked, and she looked up so fast she could have given herself whiplash. She blushed, then glared, and scoffed. "Nothing. Go home. Bye." She said, and walked off into the night. Rude!

I headed home, and lay in my bed. What the hell did I just witness?