{13}

The first thing I realized was the place I was held in smelt like sewer, as well as was cold as ice. I could feel my skin shivering absentmindedly, as well as the cold press of my blade taped under one of my breasts. I set up decoy ones in my boots and one on my thigh, so that they'd not think to thoroughly check me.

I stretched my ears slightly before opening my eyes, taking in the room I was in. A basement with a broken pipe surrounded me, my hand fastened to a notch in the wall with a set of metal handcuffs. I grimaced at the raw skin I could already feel, as well as the searing pain radiating through my stomach.

I used my one free hand to move my still bloody shirt, to find a piece of gauze lazily taped against my skin. I grimaced, not even bothering to lift it and check on my wound. My arms were covered in bruises, as well as my throat being tender as I moved my head around.

My mouth was dry, my tongue desperate trying to wet my lips as I pushed myself up. I looked around my feet to find the room bare, my eyes flickering back to my wrist. I knew how to get out if I didn't have something to pick the lock of break it, but I wasn't looking forward to it.

I'm not sure how long I waited exactly, but I knew I needed to get out. I lifted my shirt up and put it between my teeth, gritting them before taking my free hand and gripping my thumb. I breathed heavily, my eyes closing shut before I moved my fingers precisely and felt my own bone shatter under my hand.

I screamed through my gritted teeth, my head slamming back as tears poured out of me. I pulled my hand out of the cuff and scooter away from it, my entire body screaming in pain as I pushed myself up. I took a minute to stretch out myself as much as I could, taking a deep breath before reaching under me and untaping my knife from me.

It was a long, six inch Bowie knife that kept cutting into me every time Greg would jostle me. I gripped it tightly, flipping t so the blade lay flat against my arm before taking the rickety stairs in the corner up. I pushed against the door, my eyebrows furrowing as it opened easily. Was this a trap?

The hallway was dark as I stepped in, my eyes flickering back and forth. I pressed against the wall, walking the length slowly before peeking around the corner. My eyebrows furrowed yet again when I found a large room silent, the only thing saying someone had been there being the TV on without any sound.

I maneuvered through the room and into a separate hallway, moving through three different halls before I finally found what had to be some type of meeting room. A bout of thunder boomed over head, practically shaking the glass table within the center. I felt my face scrunch even more at what appeared to be a tape recorder with a tiny tape in the center.

I closed the small distance between me and the tape before pressing on the white button, the crackle filled recording filling the air as I listened. "Hello, Sang."

I sucked in a little breath at Voltos voice, my eyes immediately searching the corners of the room for cameras.

"It seems we've gotten off on the wrong foot, What with you being so set on taking down my business. Something I've worked so hard for! And what does a little blonde bitch do!?"

I roll my eyes at his inner monologue, moving towards a door in the corner. "But Sang, if I were you, I'd find the training room. Your little boys, well, they came looking for you. They won't last long."

My eye flashed as I opened the door again, pushing my body quickly through hall after hall. It took maybe half an hour before I finally found the large gymnasium that I assumed to be the training room, four slumped bodies tied to chairs directly in the center.

I shot off from the door when loud creaking sounded, what looked like a cage being dropped right over me. It was at least five feet by five feet, only six feet tall. My fists banged against the metal bars as Volto walked in from a hidden door with Jade, Rocky, Greg and a man that looked too much like Greg for comfort following.