Chapter 1 "WHAAAT?!?!!"

Annabeth's POV

"Annabeth," my mom yelled from the kitchen, "it's time to GO!!"  So I hurried to the bathroom to get ready. Finally, it was Friday and I was going to my dad's where my best friend also lives. When I came downstairs, the car was waiting. This time there was somebody, other than the driver, in the car.  It looked like a man but because of the black tinted glass, I couldn't see properly. "MOM!!! Who's the man in the car," I yell. It can't be dad, he never has time.  It wouldn't be the king - why would he come? Could it be Percy?.....Nah, he doesn't have time either he is probably watching 'Finding Dory'. But boy was I wrong. When I got to the car, the usual driver Argus came out and opened the door. "Thank you Argus", I say. "You are very welcome m'lady" he replied. OMG Argus only speaks in presence of one person, PERCY. 

This time I was right. "Hey Wise Girl" Percy greets. "Hey Seaweed brain, what are you doing here?" I ask. "Ummm, I kinda have a huge announcement," he a answered. "What announcement?" I ask. "Um mmm, my parents said that t-th-they want me to have," he took a deep breath. "They want me to have a ball and find my future wife'. They say that if I don't find one at the first ball they are going have another one!" 

 "Ooookay," I say without really thinking. It slowly soaked in that my best friend was being forced to find a wife. So this was pretty much my reaction. "WHAAAT?!?!!" I yelled so loud that Argus stopped the car and Percy put his hands up to his ears. " I said my parents are holding a giant ball" he repeated. "Oh, and Argus could you please start the car again." Argus nodded in the mirror. 

"Yes, yes i got that part. It was just a reaction. But I just want to know, do you actually want to do this whole ball thing?" I ask. "You know there is no reason to be nervous when you tell me stuff like this. I may be a bit loud when I react, but it's just for a second while I process." 

Percy looks at me and smiles. "Number 1, what do ya think. I hate dances. Number 2, I know I don't need to be nervous. And last but not least, number 3, I know you're happiest when the conversation ends with those 3 little words... so here you go: you are right." he said.

____________________________________________________________

{line break}

When we got to the castle [A/N the castle is placed where the Empire State Building is now] we weren't straight for the garden to our secret spot under the big pine tree. Percy had set up some food which, of course, involved a ginormous plate full of blue cookies. We went over to sit down and Percy did something unexpected. He took my hand, kissed it "m'lady" he said. 

As soon as we sat down, neither of us could hold a straight face any longer. We both burst out laughing. I'm pretty sure I heard a camera click and that was, legit, all it took to stop the laughing fit. I poked Percy's shoulder. "I think I heard a camera click" I whisper in his ear. "OMG my mom promised not to take pictures" he whisper-yelled back. Okay just so you understand this, Queen Sally had a tendency to sneak up on us and take pictures of us. She has this vision about us being a couple and looking back on this and yada yada yada - the usual fangirl thing when you're trying to get your ship to sail. We explore the bushes around us and find out that it was not the queen taking harmless yet annoying pictures, no this time it was a journalist. His clothes suggest he is from New York Weekly.

A/N so this is a little new years surprise for everyone (sorry for lack of updates on my other story) Happy New Year!!!!! if you read this author note, write "i'm royal" in the comments.

-Unicorn

Word Count:

701 words