Eight

Mary - 5/21/14

~~~~~

Dear Pen Pal, 

The city? Yeah. I live in the famous NYC. It is pretty nice, except for the traffic, pollution, and creepy people that walk on the streets... But, let me tell you. If you ever move to NYC... live in a building, on one of the top floors that will give you a good view of the city. It's absolutely breathtaking at night, or during sunset.

And... you want me to, describe what the city looks like? Can't I just send you a picture? 

Fine. I'll do it.

I live near the top floor of a skyscraper, in the heart of the city. During the day, when the sun is just peeking over the tops of the buildings, it's actually quite pretty. It's nice to see the clear blue sky above the city, and the small ant-like cars and people on the ground, scurrying around the place. Of course, the sound of cars honking their horns, and the crowded streets of people, the view  can get a bit boring at times. 

But during the night, on a nice day where clouds don't cover the skies, and the stars are twinkling above us, it's beautiful. Lights illuminate the city, turning it into it's own little sky with stars scattered around the place. It's nice to stand on the balcony, with the breeze slightly brushing your hair back, as you watch the city below you. It makes you feel like your on top of the world...

Was that a bit too over the top? I kinda got carried away... But, I hope that was what you were looking for.

                                                                                             - Love, May