Mr. Architect Stole My Heart | Prologue

Please read the A/N on the end of the chapter, it's really really really important!!!

Playlist: There's nothing holding me back by Shawn Mendes.

Enjoy!

Riley's POV

Finally, we're getting married.

I can't believe that the day I've been waiting for has finally arrived. This feels like a dream.

The wedding ceremony lasted for forty five minutes. Finally, it was time to say our vows.

"Riley, I bring myself to you this day to share my life with you. You can trust my love, for it's real. I promise to be a faithful husband, and to unfailingly share and support your hopes, dreams, and goals. I vow to be there for you always.

When you fall, I will catch you; when you cry, I will comfort you; when you laugh, I will share your joy. Everything I am, and everything I have is yours, from this moment forth, and for eternity."

"Ignacio, you are my best friend for life. I pledge to honour, encourage, and support you through our walk together. When our way becomes difficult, I promise to stand by you and uplift you, so that through our bond we can accomplish more than we could alone.

I promise to work at our love, and always make you a priority in my life. With every beat of my heart, I will love you. This is my solemn vow."

***

"Will you just snap out of your daydreaming mode?!" My heart skipped a beat when my mom appeared in my room out of the blue.

I grimaced at myself on the mirror.

I was currently wearing my mom's handmade wedding dress.

No, she's not a designer but she makes clothes for the neighbours around our society to earn some money.

"Oh you look so beautiful." She says smiling at me.

I smile back at her but my smile soon falters when she continues, "I can't wait to see you in a dress like this!" She squealed.

Sometimes I think if my mom is still secretly in high school...

Wait a moment, I don't like where this subject is going...

"Mom!" I said warningly.

"What?!" She acted innocent.

"Nothing." I said.

"Now c'mon take off the dress, I don't want you to ruin it, it took me two whole weeks to make it." She said stepping out of my room and closing the door.

I walked to my closet and took out my light blue ripped jeans along with a maroon loose sweater. I pulled my natural curls up in a loose bun and wore my shoes. I applied my cherry lipgloss along with mascara.

I placed my phone in my black leather bag that I recently bought from Primark. I started to save money only to buy this bag since last six months as it stole my heart when I first landed my eyes on it.