Chapter 9: The Hidden Words

Suh Gin reached Donghae’s pad at exactly midnight. She rang the bell. No one’s answering. She knocked the door twice, thrice. Still, no one’s answering. She went to the fire exit. Luckily, she found that one of the windows is open.

She climbed in and looked for Donghae. The room is in order but dim. She heard the noise coming from the television in the living room; Donghae might be there. She went there and saw Donghae sleeping on the couch in front the open television.

“There you are oppa.”

She said and is going to wake him up but found herself shrieking seeing blood coming from Donghae’s forehead!

She shook her oppa to wake him up but found the gun still hanging in his hand. She turned on the lights and call for the ambulance but it’s too late,

Donghae is cold and DEAD!

He shot himself right on the head! She cried and cried for her oppa. She cried because the two important persons in her life left her. She looked at her oppa’s face, he’s crying, the small blue box, on his hand.

The ambulance arrived and took Donghae. Suh Gin was left alone at Donghae’s pad. She got Yoona’s letter from her pocket and opened the small box that Donghae gave her friend. It was a necklace with a human heart-shape pendant. A piece of paper was attached to the necklace saying

“Sorry for not sending you emails recently. I just can’t stand it when I can confess my love to you through my messages. I want to be with you but I’m afraid that I am just the one loving you ‘coz I can feel that you only see me as a brother. Since that day you joined the choir, your voice wakes this love that’s been sleeping for years. Yoona sshi, this is my heart, I’m giving it to you now. I hope to have yours too. Saranghae yo.”

Suh Gin glanced at Yoona’s letter, a passage there says,

“...the only way to stop me from loving you is to stop my heart from beating. I better struck this heart of mine so that in my next life, I will not be able to love you. Donghae oppa, meanhae, ‘coz now, I will give you my heart…” :(

-the end-