Chapter 8: The Crumpled Paper and the Blue Box

The next morning, Donghae and Suh Gin rushed to the hospital.

They did not enter the hospital’s ward anymore and is directed to go to the morgue.  Suh Gin is crying while Donghae lost his grip and move towards the covered corpse on the embalming table. He slowly opened the white cloth that covers the corpse’s face and burst into tears after seeing the dead body’s face.

 She was Yoona!

Donghae hugged her tightly and cried bitterly. Suh Gin move closer to them and held Yoona’s cold, pale hands. She cried loudly and called out Yoona’s name. Suh Gin’s emotions laid low. She’s still holding Yoona’s hand and discovered something inside her grip.

Yoona’s holding something!

 She looked at Donghae with teary eyes. Donghae noticed the thing stucked into her hand. He cried even more seeing the blue box in Yoona’s hand still locked. Suh Gin tried to get the box from Yoona’s grip but failed. She looked at the doctor asking about that stuff but the doctor just said,

” I don’t understand why I can’t get that box from her grip, so I just left it alone.”

 Donghae held her hand trying to open it.

All in the room was surprised to see that Donghae easily got the box from Yoona’s grip and a crumpled paper fell from her hand without him knowing.

That night, Donghae called Suh Gin to go to his pad the next morning to refresh Yoona’s memories with them.

Teary eyed, Donghae asked Suh Gin not to grieve too much for their friend’s death because death is not the end but the beginning of a new life.

Suh Gin remembered the crumpled paper that fell from Yoona’s hand. She looked for it in her pocket and saw it there. She straightened and read it. Her eyes widened reading the letter.

 It was Yoona’s handwriting and seems like the paper’s been soaked in Yoona’s tears. The letter is for Donghae that’s why she hurriedly put on her sweater and hurried to the train station.