Chapter 4: Dilemma?

It’s been months without getting e-mails and news from Donghae oppa. That’s why I phoned Suh Gin to ask.

 “It’s impossible!”

 that’s what she said to me. She added that  Donghae oppa’s been sending her e-mails but not those that says,

 “Wake up or you’ll be late.”

Or

 “you must eat breakfast before going to school.”

 She said, Donghae oppa’s been sending her forwarded messages and are all sad ones or ones to ponder. She bet that Donghae oppa’s been problematic these days that one night he phoned Suh Gin and seems like he’s drunk and is crying.

I felt my heart been crumpled listening to Suh Gin’s news. I closed my eyes. I can see Donghae oppa’s angelic face. I remembered the times when we were singing  together in the choir.

... He has this cold hoarse voice that can lift up souls. He sings with his heart out. His sweet smile, he never loses it even once. He is a happy person.

 What makes him that sad?

 “Yah, Yoona! Are you still there?” Suh Gin’s voice makes me open my eyes.

“Yeah, I’m still here.” I replied.

She then continued that she heard that Donghae oppa’s soccer team will be playing at the Nationals this weekend and she had bought two tickets for us to see the game. Even though I have an acquaintance with the College Theater ministry that day, I did not refuse Suh Gin’s offer. It is an opportunity to see Donghae oppa once again. That day came. I did not go for practice and went to see the game.