Chapter 1 The Pride

This story begins all the way in Africa where a young girl named Sophie lives. She lives with her mother and father in the Savana.

Her mother has white hair, green eyes and is tall. Sophie's father has dark blonde hair, blue eyes and is a little taller than her mother. Sophie is a mixture of both, she has white hair, blue eyes and is the right height for her age.

A week ago was Sophie's eighteenth birthday. She was being home-schooled by her parents and is now finished school.

Sophie loved animals and loved being around them but did not like hyenas for some reason. She could not figure out why, but they sort of felt like enemies to her.

************

Sophie took a Sunday walk following a path she takes every Sunday. But as she went around a corner, there was a pride of lions.

Some of them just looked at her, then some came out of the bushes behind her so she was trapped.

All of the lions got up, and just looked at her. It was a big pide of lions.

Sophie thought that the lion's fur was the same colour as her father's hair. But there was no time to think of that, she had to find a way out! There was no way out.

The Lions though did not attack her, but Sophie kept thinking, " Any minute now they'll attack me." But none of them did, they all just stood there.

Sophie said aloud to the lions," Are you going to eat me because if you're not, I'll just walk back home." Strangely enough, the lions behind her on the path to her house moved out the way to make space for her to walk past.

So Sophie walked past the lions, and as soon as she was out of sight, she ran home. She kept looking back to check she was not being followed.

When Sophie did reach home, she decided not to tell anyone because they would make a big fuss and worry about her.

************

That night as Sophie lay in her bed she started thinking about what had happened that morning.

Why didn't the lions attack her? Why did they just let her through? Did they understand her?

"In the morning I'll go find them again," Sophie told herself. But in the morning, however, Sophie's mom had things for Sophie to do since it was a weekday.

So Sophie had to wait a whole week ( her mom had her doing things the whole week ) till going looking for the lions.

Surprisingly enough, she found the lions on the same path a little further from last week.

Sophie herd a ladies voice say," She's back." She looked around to see no one but herself and the lions.

Sophie then hears," I wonder what she wants?" At that moment, Sophie saw one of the lions move its mouth. Could it be?

************

Authors: I want to see how this first chapter goes. Sorry, it's short. Sorry if there are spell errors.