Chapter 13

Stan's POV

After cluing Craig and the gang in on the plan we got straight to work we had to alter it a little to get on stage so we merged the bands together I felt bummed that this might throw their chances at winning but they didn't seem to care about the money but more about helping Y/N. We scurried around back stage practising an dodging the stage hands the best we could if they knew we were still around then we would be thrown out immediately and all this hard work would all be for nothing.

"Your singing right?" Craig asked me which I nodded in return before being wisped away for the others Craig showed me some vocal exercises to warm up my voice and practised the song a few times while the others worked together to be in perfect sync as the hours and minutes got closer to show time. My stomach knotted I was getting very anxious I looked behind the curtains to see the crowd of guests scrambling to their seats.

"Wow that's a big crowd" chirped Kyle causing the others to have a gander behind the curtains before ducking down at the sight of a stage hand the back stage was getting busy jumping with stage production staff and the other bands participating.

"Fella's we're the last band to perform maybe we should move to a quiet place"

"Butter's right someone might get suspicious" Kyle added we all agreed and found a room big enough for us but still close by the stage now all we had to do was pay the waiting game.

Y/N's POV

Once it hit 6.00pm I turned on the TV and turned to the channel that was hosting the battle of the bands, hey I was curious to see what this so called surprise was but I had a hunch of who was behind it. While the manager did his spiel I skipped down stairs to grab some snacks and raced back up to see who would be performing and to my disbelief our band had been dropped I was upset I felt like I let down the team maybe I should of went but the note told me to watch the show so maybe something else happened guess I'll just have to wait and see, the first band rolled up from Canada called the 5 guys and performed an original song titled 'I'm not your pal buddy' the had a weird style of rock and amusing farts mixed into one it was amusing to hear the least. Next was a girl band from the neighbouring town they must of been a fan of the film pitch perfect since they performed the cup song, - two bottle whisky for the way ugh! thanks now that's stuck in my head again. As time went on each band hand their own style and talent but I still knew the best was yet to come and they saved the best for last I just had to endure Wendy's band first, they weren't half bad I might of even been friends with them if Wendy didn't pull a stunt like she did. I pulled out my phone and sent a group text to all the guys to wish them luck while the girl band finished up.

Stan's POV

We could hear Wendy's band singing through the door which meant we're up next I heaved a sigh to calm my nerves before all our phones pinged it was strange we all looked to each other while pulling out our cells and reading the message a smile lit up on my face immediately.

Y/N: 'Hey guys just wanted to wish you all good luck I don't know what you had planned but I'll be watching, break a leg =)'

We all smiled in union and gave a confident nod once we heard the girls finish up it was go time! We took our place behind the curtain and waited for the presenter to introduce the band the crowd cheered while the curtain was drawn.

"Hello everyone, I did something terrible I broke the heart of the most incredible girl in the world and well this song is for you Y/N L/N hit it guys!" I shouted the crowd awe but quickly turn into cheers as the drummers crashed the cymbals while the bass line began to play.

-Play song -

Just a little more

Just a little more