Awfully Frustrating and Mostly Heartbreaking

"Victor?" I was about to move when the door creaked and a voice spoke.

I know that familiar soft whisper like voice only belongs to Victoria.

My eyes widen hearing the erratic beating of my heart. Emily and I remain frozen as the door open wide.

Emotions starts to run wild.

Fear. Guilt. Anxiousness.

In a mere seconds it felt like we were caught red handed. Glancing at Emily, the poor girl's face had turn ashen, her expression was same as mine, like a child who got caught stealing cookies by their parents.

"What the bloody hell is going on?!" A broken yell filled the room.

"Victoria.. This is.. I mean.." Panicked, my heart was jumping inside my chest.

Bloodshed eyes were staring bullets at us. Victoria was a mess, her hair was disoriented, her face was decorated with small scratches and her dress was somewhat torn.

Her appearance right now arise my concern.

She look at me with mouth gaped open as she hugs herself looking so hurt. Silence flourished in a minute as no words came out from my mouth.

"S'not what it looks like." Emily swipes in her voice was sincere and whole.

"I don't understand. What's the meaning of this?" Victoria demanded as she looks at me with shaky stares then shifted to look at Emily. "Who is she?"

Somehow the beating in my chest calmed down as I was able to regain my senses. I stood up and offered a hand to the brunette lady.

"Victoria," I said calmly. "Remember the time when the dead rose from the grave?"

She nodded numbly.

"This is Emily, the corpse bride."

"Wait? What! How?" She said dreadfully. "That's... Oh never mind."

"I don't have time for this. Victor may I talk to you alone." Walking outside not waiting for an answer.

"Em, I'm sorry about that. Make yourself comfortable." I said gently and guiding Emily to the bed.

"M'okay. I'm really sorry too." She said eyebrows were furrowed worriedly whilst laying back on the bed. Her hands touched mine making every muscle in my body relax. That calming touch help soothe the turmoil that was going to happen and I'm grateful for such simple gesture.

"It's okay em. I'll take care of it and you rest, m'okay?" I gave her a reassuring smile and drag the blanket over her.

Walking to where Victoria is with much clearer thinking.

I can't help to wonder, she might be mad right now but I need to rip the bandaid off. I need to tell her the truth. I mean she already saw us in inappropriate position earlier and I'm pretty sure she's thinking that something is happening between Emily and I earlier. I'm hurting her already and telling the truth might hurt more but I can't bare to hurt her with lies, that's worst. I can't do that to her. Victoria is a good girl and she deserves better. Definitely, gonna tell her the truth.

Maybe, just maybe this is an opportunity given by the universe or what higher being up there, so that I could be honest with Victoria. Yes, I can do it. I have to do it. I will do it.

Bollocks.

Or maybe this a bad idea after all.

God maybe I'm just jumping into conclusion I might realize my true feelings but I can't even confess properly to Emily.