One more chance (Corpse Bride fanfic)

Cold hands were touching my cheeks

 “I love you but you’re not mine” a gentle voice said it and looks at me straight to the eye.  She gave a small smile but a hint of sadness wasn’t fully concealed then blue colored butterflies’ starts to surround her. Slowly, she disappeared out on a thin air.

“Emily wait!” I run after her as my hands reach out for her. I didn’t realize there was a cliff then I fell down. Then my eyes immediately open as I tried to gasp for air.

“A dream” As I try to relax. It’s been two and a half months since the incident and that dream still haunts me.  After that night Victoria and I decided to continue the wedding but we ask our parents to give us some time to know each other more.

At first they didn’t agree but because Victoria and I insisted it they finally agree. Victoria’s family and mine open up with each other it seems they finally told us about their problem. At first my mom was really disappointed but thanks to my dad he makes mom realize that it wasn’t important.

Now both of the parties help each other in order to improve my family’s business. No it’s our business soon because Victoria and I are getting married. I’ve been spending some time with her and I know more things about her.

She’s really kind, shy, responsible and quite formal but I really like her a lot. She has been my fiancée for 3 months and I’m really looking forward to our wedding yet since I met Emily there is some missing in my heart that I really want to find out. There is still doubt if I really love Victoria because of that this reason I decided to extend the wedding date. I hope things will work out to be alright.

“Oh Victor it’s time for breakfast! Come down here you lazy boy” A strong female voice shouts from the first floor.

“Coming Mom” I answered her I approach the basin full of water then I wash my face then reaches out for the towel.

“Victor your father and I are really hungry! You should go down stairs and it” Mother shouts again and this time she was really angry.

I quickly change my clothes and head directly to the kitchen. A smell of fresh toast surrounded the area I sat down beside my father.

“What took you so long to go down?” Mother asked while putting some eggs on my plates.

“Sorry mom, it took me a while to fix my hair” I replied and grab some toast.

“Whatever! Victoria said she want to see you” Mother said calmly.

“Really?” My eyes sparkle.

“Yes, she said meet her at the forest this noon. It seems like the both of you will be having a picnic. Yo should bring these with you” Mother put down a basket.

“Ok mom”  I said to her.

After breakfast I head towards the forest bringing the basket mom told me to bring.