Glow

My knuckles grew white but I have to control myself. I need to snap out of it.

A small wooden thing hit my back. I turn around.

"Victor! Your accompany pianist got into an accident that he won't be coming tonight. What should we do?" my mother starts to worry.

Of all things that's all I really need to hear.

"It's ok. I'll just perform alone" I reassure her.

"Nonsense!" My mother yelled.

"Victor you should understand that there are important guest in this party. And we need to impress them" she whispered.

"Bu-t" I sweat drop not knowing what to do.

"What seems to be the problem here?" a feminine voice asked.

I turn around only seeing the most beautiful in the party listening to our discussion. My mother smiled seeing Emily.

"You look really gorgeous my dear" My mother complimented her.

"Uhhh.. Thanks Mrs. Van Dort" she said nervously as she plays the hem of her dress.

"Oh please no formalities call me Nell" My mother said.

My jaw drop knowing my mother she is normally very strict to other people. Showing off and making other people know there places. It has been ages since my mother would let someone call her in her first name.

"Ok Nell" Emily smiled.

Her smile was contagious without noticing it I was smiling too. I always want to keep her smile like that, it really suites her well.

"Sorry to interrupt or to eavesdrop.. umm.. but I heard both of your conversation and I think I have the solution to your problem" Emily cheerfully said.

"You do?" Both my mother and I said it in the same time.

"Yes" the beautiful lady replied.

"That's great. Then what are the both of you still doing here" my mother brightens.

"Wait what.. but" suddenly she grab my hand and a tingling sensation was felt like tiny electricity went into my hand and travel up my body sending chills to my spine. And it was not that scary kind of chills but it's a kind of chills that makes my body and my soul alive. That's funny It's been a long time since I felt this way.

All of a sudden she let go and tiny electricity was gone. She sits down and patted the chair signaling me to sit right next to her.

I sighed in defeat and sat next to her.

"Are you sure we can do this?" I whispered.

"Positive" She replied giving me a reassuring smile.

I can hear people clapping and then it went silent, the curtain starts to lift up and the light in the room starts to dim.

"Just follow my lead" She winks and begins to play the piano.

I watch her fingers move gracefully and the sound starts to fill the room. She was playing the piece that we played once in the land of the dead. She didn't forget the only piece we played together and I can't help to smile. My hands naturally start to play along with her.

I look up the woman in beside me. Emily always takes the lead and I just follow, she was always like that just like before in the land of the dead. She never knew but the thing is she always shines and keeps on shining, brighter than ever.

She looks at me and I look at her, the room starts to fade and I found myself back in the old and dusty bar, playing the old and dusty piano and with me is Emily, who used to be my corpse bride.

We were playing like we were competing with each other but we are having fun and I love that.

Hi guys! I know it has been a while.. I'm sorry for the very late and painful update..

I hope you enjoy this chapter